- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Barcelona is divided into various districts, their borders defined back in a time when they were each independent villages before an expansion swallowed them into the city. These districts haven't forgotten their history and proof of this can be seen in their annual celebrations and traditions. From peaceful areas, to zones great for night-owls, there is a place for everyone in Barcelona.
History lovers will want to stay in the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona, with parts dating back to the Roman era. Born and Gràcia are trendy areas with lots of culture and restaurants. Eixample will put you close to some great monuments, like the Sagrada Familia or Casa Batlló. The fact is there is a large choice of areas to stay in Barcelona. You're bound to find your place in the city.
Cities next to Barcelona
- Granollers Granollers is located 20km from Barcelona, next to the Formula 1 Circuit of Catalunya.
- El Masnou El Masnou is a town on with pristine and unspoiled beaches, and an authentic maritime...
- Esplugues de Llobregat Esplugues is a municipality next to Barcelona that lies in the Baix Llobregat area.
- Hospitalet de Llobregat The city is located just next to Barcelona and is well connected via public transport.
- Badalona Badalona is a fun, diverse, and multicultural city.