Are you ready? Fairs and conventions of all kinds, activities for the whole family, events for the geeks, races, concerts... it just doesn't end! With these events you'll find it easy to have a great time in Autumn in the Catalan capital.
If you come to visit the capital of Catalonia, we will help you to find the best apartment in Barcelona. We offer apartments of different types, renovated and well furnished in all areas of Barcelona!
Festa Major de Sarrià
Tradition, music, fire and dance in one of the most historic neighbourhoods in Barcelona. Sarrià was a separate town until it was taken in by the Catalan capital. This makes the festivals more authentic. Look at everything you can find here.
- Festes de Sarrià Sep 27 - Oct 06 The Festa Major de Sarrià (or Festival of Sarria) is a participatory event, even when it comes to organising ...
Festa Major de Les Corts
Les Corts, another district that joined Barcelona when it was still a town as its own entity. These old districts have their own traditions, therefore the festivities are all authentic. Check out the programme:
- Festes de Les Corts Oct 04 - Oct 13 Celebrated on the first fortnight of October in the Les Corts district of Barcelona. The festival will give yo...
Halloween! Sorry, Castanyada
Naturally, Catalonia also celebrates the night of witches, or the day of the dead on 31 October and 1 November. Here it is known as Castanyada. You will find thousands of costume parties at various nightclubs and bars around the city. Do you want to know how it is celebrated and the history of this popular event? Do you want to know which activities are the most fun on Halloween? We have them here in this article!
- How to celebrate Halloween in Barcelona Discover the origins of the "Catalan Halloween" and plans for a terrifying night out in Barcelona!
Do you want to experience in person the Oktoberfest - German beer festival par excellence - but you can't go to Munich? Don't worry! Over the past few years Barcelona has had its own version of this event at Fira Montjuïc, which returns once again! Sample the finest German beers and tradition dishes. If you're going as a group remember to book a table!
- Oktoberfest Oct 03 - Oct 13 The popular German festival is also held in Barcelona each October!
How? We still haven’t talked about a music festival? It’s okay, in Barcelona there are many concerts every month and in October it’s Primavera Club, which, as its name suggests, is related to the famous Primavera Sound. Therefore, you can enjoy emerging bands or Indie in famous concert halls around the city. You have lots of concerts to choose from!
- Primavera Club Festival Oct 25 - Oct 27 46 artists from all over the world meet you in Barcelona for three days of madness!
Voll-Damm Barcelona Jazz Festival
If you want more music this October you’re in luck. Voll-Damm Barcelona Jazz Festival returns. Do you like Jazz? Then do not miss this festival!
- Voll-Damm Barcelona Jazz Festival Sep 28 - Feb 28 One of the biggest Jazz festivals in the world.
Sitges Film Festival
Do you like fantasy and horror films? Then you have to know about this festival, the first fantasy film festival in the world which this year is celebrating its 49th edition. You can enjoy numerous fantasy and horror film showings from around the world, awards, exhibitions, meet the directors and famous interpretors and participate in the classic Zombie Walk in which you can dress up as the living dead and cause panic on the streets of Sitges!
- Sitges Film Festival Oct 03 - Oct 13 If you love horror and fantasy cinema, then you cannot miss out on attending the Sitges Film Festival 2018.
The Colour Run Barcelona
Ready to participate in the most fun run on the planet? On 1 October the third edition of the Color Run comes to Barcelona. A timed race where its important not to run, but to have a great time!
- The Color Run Barcelona Oct 06
This run is more serious then the Color Run but equally appealing. If your thing is to get up on Sundays and run, if you have a runners spirit, if you are prepared, go hard! Run!
- Barcelona Triathlon 2017 Oct 06 Swimming, cycling, and running through the beaches of Barcelona!
Barcelona Erotic Show 2018
To make those chilly October nights turn hot there's only one event. Are you ready for the Barcelona Erotic Show? This convention is dedicated to all things sexual, erotic, and adult. Do you dare to attend?
- Barcelona Erotic Show Oct 04 - Oct 07 A celebration of erotica and sexuality. Not for the faint-hearted and strictly 18 + adults!
Skin is the canvas and Barcelona is the art gallery! Another of the most anticipated alternative events is the Tattoo Expo, in which hundreds of artists gather to show all their tattoo art. Workshops, live tattoo demonstrations, and endless surprises!
- Barcelona Tattoo Expo 2018 Oct 04 - Oct 06 The body is a canvas as you'll discover at Barcelona Tattoo Expo 2018 from 5th to 7th October at Fira de Montjuïc.
Barcelona Games World 2018
Do not miss any event this month! Barcelona will have its own big event called Barcelona Games World 2017. Get ready for huge gaming competitions and the chance to try all the latest and upcoming releases in the industry! From 5 - 8 October with Games Party, Games Pro, Games Expo and Games Arena.
- Barcelona Games World Nov 29 - Dec 02 Barcelona World Games is back for another edition of its video games expo, the biggest in Spain.
Barcelona Meeting Point
Do you want to know the latest trends in the real estate industry? Barcelona Meeting Point (BMP) is your must-see!
- Barcelona Meeting Point Oct 16 - Oct 19 Barcelona Meeting Point is the only professional and international real estate exhibition in Spain.
Yes, October is full of curious events and this is one of our favourites! If you're a sucker for stories about time travel and Victorian era sci-fi, and are up for a spot of tea, ol' chap; then stop by the international Steampunk Convention! Steam-what? If you want to learn more click here or go directly to the convention... It's just 3 euros!
- EurosteamCon - Steampunk Fair Oct 26 - Oct 27 This October, take a journey through a Victorian retro-futuristic Barcelona.
All aboard! Barcelona's Salon Náutico sets sail, full of treasures including expositions, workshops, amazing water-sports (Flyboarding, surfing, wakeboard...), and the change to drive boats moored at the dock. Are you ready, matey?
- Salón Náutico Oct 09 - Oct 13 Set sail for Barcelona and visit the Salon Náutico in Port Vell
Climate in October
Barcelona benefits from excellent weather in October with the probability of sunny days being 81%. The average temperatures fluctuate between 19ºC at night and 25ºC at midday. With 7 hours of sun during the day and sea temperature of 22ºC, its the perfect climate for sunbathing and enjoying the sun.
Average temperature: 20°C.
Maximum temperature: 24°C.
Minimum temperature: 16°C.
Sunrise: 7:49h - 8:20h
Sunset: 19:32h - 17:49h (halfway through the month the clocks change)
Benefits and drawbacks of travelling in October
October is a good month to visit Barcelona. The temperature has dropped and autumn has just begun. Here you hace our comments:
The high temperatures of summer have gone and everything is more calm. But you can still take advantage of the beaches, although only to walk along. The city has returned to normal life and the centre is less busy than during the summer. Also, there are still parties and festivals celebrated in various neighbourhoods and many events that mean you won’t have to stay at home.
Excursions in Barcelona
To make the most of Barcelona and fill your trip with unforgettable experiences and emotions, we offer you the excursions through the Catalan capital organized by our friends - the GetYourGuide team. Choose your excursion and fall in love with Barcelona:
There is routine, people are at work, and you can’t bathe on the beach. But we still couldn’t find many drawbacks to coming to Barcelona. It’s a city that never stops and there’s always things to do. So enjoy. ;)
How about that? Isn't October a really cool time to go out and have fun in Barcelona instead of staying at home? No need to delay, you can already start planning your month with all this info! If you want to stay up to date with what's going on in the city then you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and Instagram!