- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Barcelona Games World
- Where: Fira de Barcelona, Montjuïc recint, Avinguda Reina Maria Cristina
1 day pass : 16euros
3 day pass : 35 euros
Show Games&Symphony : 35 euros to 80 euros
- Accommodation Nearby: Find an accommodation close to the Fira venue with our selection of apartments barcelona nearby.
- Buy Tickets: Buy tickets here
- Website: Official website here.
The biggest consumer video games expo in Spain
Barcelona Games World is a video game expo that takes place every year at the Fira de Montjuïc. Not only is it presented as the biggest fair of the Spanish video game industry, but it also aims to position itself as a leading fair internationally, with potential to grow and consolidate in future editions. This year, the exhibition acquire 1500M2 space dedicated to virtual reality. Japan's Akira Yamaoka, author of the soundtrack for the Silent Hill (Konami) saga, will also be present. The festival plans to exceed its historical figure of 135,000 visitors last year.
The main attraction of Barcelona Games World are be the exhibitions, with the presence of huge publishers such as Activision, Badland Games, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Electronic Arts, GAME, Koch Media (Square Enix, Atlus, Bethesda, Capcom, Sega), Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, 2K, Wargaming, and Warner Bros Interactive. Among these brands will be more than 1,000 terminals in which more than 70 recent and future game releases will be available to watch and play. All of them will be located within a space called Game Expo.
Barcelona Games World also has three more areas:
- Games Arena: The space where the eSport pros congregate. There will also be competitions eSports League Games with up to €20,000 in prize money, and tournaments organized by Sony PlayStation League.
- Games Pro: Presentations and independent developers will exhibit their projects to national and international investors willing to listen and offer funding.
- Games Party: In this area you will find a space for relaxation with food stalls, DJs, musical performances and cosplay events.
Once again this year, BWG has contacted Retro Barcelona, one of the best vintage game companies, and will occupy more than 5,000m2 of the exhibition with 8-bit classical systems such as Amiga, Amstrad, Atari, Commodore, MSX and Spectrum, as well as an area with used consoles and video games for sale. In addition, there will be meetings with the public
This year, AEVI and Fira de Barcelona have worked together with the Co-Op Business Zone to create a space for professionals to network and take part in training activities. Othere will be meetings amongst developers, publishers and investors to try to create a platform to drive new projects. Then there will be workshops that will aim to teach entrepreneurs skills needed in order to successfully deal with marketing, communitcation and monetisation within a business.
Furthermore, BGW will be running various workshops and conferences that promote the use and didactic development of videogames, demonstrating its commitment to educational innovation.
Video of Barcelona Games World
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
4 | | 67m² Monthly rental with free internet and 2 bedrooms in Sants