Fairs and Exhibitions
Sant Joan Festival
Celebrate the arrival of summer on the night of 23 June in Barcelona. Watch the fireworks from any district of the city and spend a night with neighbours, friends and family. The beach is filled with people, bonfires and fireworks. During this night, the city doesn't sleep.
- San Juan Barcelona 2018 Jun 23 - Jun 24 Enjoy a magical evening on one of the beaches of Barcelona for the Sant Joan.
The Gay Pride is a highly anticipated event in Barcelona. This year it offers many surprises such as concerts and exhibitions. There are lots of activities for all tastes. As with every year, the backdrop of the initiative will be the most gay-friendly neighbourhood in Barcelona: Eixample Esquerre.
- Pride Parade Barcelona 2018 Jun 28 - Jun 30 Come and enjoy the Pride Parade 2018 in Barcelona! Possibly the most important LGBT on the Mediterranean!
Modernist FairThe Barcelona Modernist Fair is a trade show on the street for 3 days, which celebrates the beginning of the Festes Majores of Eixample Derecho at the beginning of June. This initiative began over 10 years ago to revive the spirit of Eixample over 100 years ago when the modernist movement was in full swing. If you're a fan of Gaudí, you cannot miss it!
- Modernist Fair Jun 01 - Jun 03 Feel like Gaudí himself walking through a modernist Eixample!
Magic Fountain of Montjuïc
The Magic Fountain of Montjuïc is undoubtedly one of the most famous and popular attractions of Barcelona. It's located at the foot of Montjuïc hill and offers splendid musical performances with water and colourful lights. During the summer the shows are more frequent.
- Magic Fountain of Montjüic Event Feb 26 - Jan 17 When can you see the Magic Fountain of Montjuic show in Barcelona? The history of the fountain, the best times...
Guitar Festival Barcelona
More than a musical event, the Barcelona Guitar Festival is a true festival in honour of this instrument. It extends from 27 January 23 to 29 June 2018. There are many world-famous artists and the concerts take place in different venues around Barcelona, including Razzmatazz, Sala Apolo and l'Auditorium.
- Barcelona Guitar Festival 2018 Jan 27 - Jun 29 From pop and rock to folk, it doesn't matter as long as there is a guitar. This is the 29th Guitar Festival Ba...
This June, the latest edition of the Suite Festival Barcelona continues. It's one of the most recent musical festivals of the city. The most remarkable feature of this event is undoubtedly its setting at the historic and majestic Gran Teatre del Liceu on las Ramblas.
- Suite Festival Barcelona 2018 Jan 16 - Jun 29 Great musicians performing live at the fantastic Gran Teatre de Liceu
The mythical festival takes place the first week of June at the Parc del Forum. A classic in Barcelona with its view of the sea and accessibility by public transport, bicycle or foot. It's a meeting point between youthful subcultures who feature a mixture of nonconformist aesthetics. This year's line-up hosts Arctic Monkeys, Björk, The National and others.
- Primavera Sound 2018 May 30 - Jun 03 Primavera sound returns to Barcelona with an incredible lineup of artists! Don't miss the biggest music festiv...
Festival Jardins de Pedralbes
If you still want more music, then you're in luck. The Festival Jardins del Palau Reial of Pedralbes celebrates a new edition this summer! Concerts are scheduled in the Jardins de Pedralbes festival during all June. Among them are Zaz, Goran Bregovic and Niña Pastori.
- Festival Jardins de Pedralbes Jun 06 - Jul 13 This musical event will take place in Barcelona from 6 June to 13 July with a wide selection of international ...
This electronic and experimental music festival takes place in various locations across the city centre in mid-June. Sónar is the largest event on the current electronic scene and brings together the most established artists and emerging talent from all kinds of music and audiovisual production budgets.
- Sonar Festival 2018 Jun 14 - Jun 16 From 14 - 16 June 2018 one of the biggest electronic and experimental music festivals takes place in Barcelona.
Moto GP competition
Start your engines, because Barcelona doesn't disappoint when it comes to sports. For all speed junkies, don't miss the Moto GP race that takes place at the Montmeló circuit from 15 to 17 June. Famous riders like Marquez, Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa and Valentino Rossi are ready. Are you?
- Moto GP 2018 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Jun 15 - Jun 17 Excitement is guaranteed at Montmeló circuit in one of the biggest races of the Moto GP season.
Discover all the activities you can do in Barcelona during Spring and Summer! Don't miss the opportunity to discover new ways of enjoying the city by reading this article:
- 5 Spring and Summer Activities in Barcelona 5 Ideas to enjoy the good weather in Barcelona during spring and summer
The Climate in June
Summer is coming to Barcelona! June is a month in which you can enjoy the good weather and higher temperatures in the Catalan capital. The sun will warm up your heart and the city. The average temperature is generally 20ºC and never goes below 16ºC. In fact, you will see the whole city full of colours and always under the sun.
Here is the climatological data for the month of June in Barcelona:
- Average temperature: 19.9ºC
- Maximum temperature: 24.1ºC
- Minimum temperature: 15.8ºC
- Sunrise: between 6:21am and 6:29am
- Sunset: between 9:19pm and 9:29pm
If you would like more up to date information, here is a good page with meteorological information.
Travel to Barcelona in June
Together with July and August, June is one of the most touristy months in Barcelona. Summer transforms the city: the festivals, music events and bathing start. Here is our opinion on the advantages and disadvantages of travelling to Barcelona this month!
Arrival of Summer: In Barcelona, the climate is always fantastic for doing everything, but we know that walking in the parks, sunbathing or taking an excursion to Park de Collserola is different in summer. Enjoy this month and discover the best part of the city. If you want a guide for the best parks in Barcelona, you can read this interesting article.
- Barcelona and its green spaces Breathe fresh air in the most amazing parks of the city ...
Pleasant Temperature: In the month of June, the temperatures are high without it being too hot. You won't be sweating every time you step outside and can enjoy the lovely weather.
Beach: In June you will be able to swim at Barceloneta! The sea hasn't had enough time to fully warm up but it is still nice to swim there. You can lie on the beach, sunbathe, play beachvolley...
Tourists: The summer months are more chaotic. The number of tourists in Barcelona increases significantly compared to the previous months. Therefore, it will be more difficult to blend in with the locals.