If you come to visit the capital of Catalonia, we will help you to find the best apartments for long term in Barcelona. We offer apartments of different types, renovated and well furnished in all areas of Barcelona!
This year again, the Sonar Festival is back in Barcelona for 3 amazing days. Once again, incredible artists such as A$AP Rocky, Skepta, Sheck Wes, Octavian and many others are going to perform live at the Sonar 2019.
- Sonar Festival 2019 Jul 18 - Jul 20 From 18 - 20 June 2019 one of the biggest electronic and experimental music festivals takes place in Barcelona.
This edition of Barcelona's Grec Festival marks its 42nd anniversary. You'll have a whole month of theatre, dance, music and circus across the city — from experimental works to the most conventional — for all audiences. It also has an extensive program for children and families.
- Barcelona Grec Festival Jun 13 - Jul 31 The Grec Festival of Barcelona is an international festival of theatre, dance, music, and circus acts.
It's the month of music! This time in Parc del Fòrum. This music festival has varied styles of music over three days and offers concerts from the most disparate genres, from reggae to hip hop, electronic music, and punk rock. Visit the event page by clicking below and grab your tickets too, they will sell out!
- Festival Cruïlla Barcelona 2018 Jul 03 - Jul 06 After Primavera Sound and Sonar, the diverse Cruïlla Music Festival takes place from 4-6 July.
Get ready for the heaviest festival in town! For the second year, the neighbouring town of Santa Coloma de Gramenet welcomes the Rockfest, a festival that brings together legendary rock heavyweights. The lineup this year is impressive, because it features Ozzy Osbourne, Kiss, Helloween, Scorpions and Megadeth.
- Barcelona Rock Fest 2018 Jul 04 - Jul 07 This rocking musical event will take place in Santa Coloma de Gramenet from 30 June to 2 July.
Tap On: Claqué
Don't miss the new edition of Tap On Barcelona, an International Encounter of Claqué that reunites dancers, amateurs and professionals from all over Europe and the best teachers in the world in an unforgettable environment.
- Tap On Barcelona 2019 Jul 22 - Jul 28 Participate in tap dancing classes and enjoy amazing shows
Barcelona Beach Festival — An electronic festival
One of the biggest festivals in July is going to be Barcelona Beach Festival. It takes place on 14 July at the beach by Port del Forum and Parc de la Pau. It's going to be the fourth edition, with the best electronic music of the moment. There are international DJs like Armin Van Buuren, Axwell ^ Ingrosso, The Chainsmokers, David Guetta, Oliver Heldens, Robin Schulz, Don Diablo and many others.
- Barcelona Beach Fest Jul 13 July Electro festival in Barcelona with the best DJs.
Brunch in the Park: Barcelona Music
Barcelona's 'Brunch in the park' is a fantastic initiative for young people and families to spend an ecological Sunday surrounded by nature, homemade food and music. It is an innovative project that combines the world of music with something as traditional as a brunch in a park, with friends or family.
- Brunch in the city Mar 17 - Jun 16 Imagine a nomadic brunch on Sundays able to make it your new favorite day of the week. Emerging designers, act...
Unite with Tomorrowland: Electronic Music
This year and for the first time, Tomorrowland will be live for everyone. Well, not for everyone but for some selected cities. Barcelona is one of the chosen ones! So with the name "Unite with Tomorrowland", the Belgian festival comes to Barcelona. It will be on 28 July in Santa Coloma de Gramenet. You can listen to artists like Quintino, Yves V, Galantis y Steve Aoki. Check below for more information:
- Tomorrowland in Barcelona Jul 28 Unite with Tomorrowland comes to Barcelona to put everyone dancing to the same rhythm of electronic music.
Música als Parcs: Classical, Jazz and Blues Music
In this 2018 edition, the programme includes 49 concerts, all for free. From June until the end of August you can listen to music in many parks across Barcelona. This event has been carried out for 15 years and includes the great quality music. Not only that, it is also great to sit at night in a nice place with good music, friends and family.
- Música als Parcs 2019 Mar 23 - Oct 20 This summer, enjoy the best free music in the parks of Barcelona!
Festival Jardins de Pedralbes
If you still want more music, you're in luck! There are still concerts scheduled for the Jardins de Pedralbes Festival until July 13. Nature, history, music and gastronomy come together in such a natural environment for a large number of concerts and shows.
- Festival Jardins de Pedralbes Jun 05 - Jul 15 This musical event will take place in Barcelona from 6 June to 13 July with a wide selection of international ...
Costa Brava Festivals
The Costa Brava is not only home to one unique and magical musical festivals in the country, but two! So if you want to make the trip out of Barcelona and get to know this region a bit, then there's no better way than using these two music festivals as an excuse.
Festival Castell de Peralada
This is held at the fabulous Peralada Castle. It's a multidisciplinary festival that brings big names in music, from opera to pop; dance, from ballet to modern; and theatre, from classics to contemporaries. A magical atmosphere with the best performers!
- Castell de Peralada Festival 2019 Jul 04 - Aug 17 Famous festival with some of the best names in opera and dance.
Cap Roig Festival
The other is one of the most important summer festivals in Catalonia. It takes place at Cap Roig (Calella de Palafrugell) — one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world — and hosts major international acts such as Juanes, Mag Lari, James Blunt, Sting and Shaggy. The concerts take place outdoors, surrounded by nature and wonderful views. It also has a dedicated programme to keep the youngest of the household entertained :).
- Cap Roig Festival 2019 Jul 12 - Aug 21 Many international and national artists will be at Cap Roig this summer.
Mecal Air, Poble Espanyol
We all want to spend a lot of time outdoors in summer. So, what better way to do it than watching short films with friends and a glass of wine? Mecal Air is the summer alternative to the classic movie theatres. Come and enjoy a combination of short films and food. Every Friday of June, July and August, and the first two Fridays of September.
- Mecal Air — The open-air short film cinema Jul 06 - Aug 31 Barcelona's favourite short film open-air cinema event
Open-air cinema - Sala Montjuïc
Like cinema? Here you have the opportunity to see great classics films and recent blockbusters in a way that's unique and special — by having a picnic in the gardens of Montjuïc's castle. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during summer will see films screened here in their original language, plus subtitled in Spanish. Films like The Big Lebowski and American Hustle. Plus, you can enjoy concerts and masterclasses.
- Open Air Cinema at Sala Montjuïc Jun 28 - Aug 02 Classics, recently released films and concerts in the open-air
Open-air cinema on the beach - Cinema Lluire
What if you prefer the beach to the mountains? Well there's another open-air cinema in Barcelona during the summer called Cinema Lluire. This event takes place on Sant Sebastia beach each Thursday and Sunday. It shows the latest in independent movies, short-films, and live music. Unlike the one on Montjuic though, this one is completely free.
- Cinema Lliure - Barcelona's Open air beach cinema Jun 27 - Aug 01 Free movies on the beach for summer nights in Barcelona.
The Magic Fountain of Montjuïc
During the summer, the magic fountain runs its largest number of shows. July sees three shows every Wednesday to Sunday each 30 minutes at 9:30PM, 10PM, and 10:30PM. It's a show of light, water and music, in a spectacle that never fails to leave onlookers in awe. It's free, so why would you miss it?
- Magic Fountain of Montjüic Event Mar 01 - Jan 06 When can you see the Magic Fountain of Montjuic show in Barcelona? The history of the fountain, the best times...
The Climate in July
Summer is coming to Barcelona! July is a month where you can enjoy the sun and beach, but be warned: the sun is very strong so it’s a good idea to have an umbrella or sun cream. The average temperature is generally 26ºC and never dips below 24ºC. In fact, you will see the city full of colour and always under the sun.
Here is the climatological data for the month of July in Barcelona:
- Average temperature: 26ºC
- Maximum temperature: 29ºC
- Minimum temperature: 25ºC
- Sunrise: between 6:18am and 6:27am
- Sunset: between 9:23pm and 9:32pm
If you would like more up-to-date information, here is a good website with meteorological information.
Travel to Barcelona in July
What? You still think that Barcelona is just sun and beach? The month of July awaits you with lots of music festivals, concerts and joy. We recommend that you start organising your trip to the Catalan capital and decide which events to attend and what excursions to do.
Midsummer: In Barcelona, the weather in July is fantastic, so you can do everything! But we know that swimming, sunbathing and enjoying life by attending the best events in Barcelona is a "must do" in Barcelona in summer. Also, enjoy this month to discover the best part of the city. If you want a guide to the best parks in Barcelona, you can read this interesting article:
- Barcelona and its green spaces Breathe fresh air in the most amazing parks of the city ...
Good temperature: In July, the temperatures are high but are good for going to the beach. Enjoy the sea and your new tan :)
The beach: In July, you can swim at any of the beaches in the city. The sea has had time to completely warm up and the water temperature is normal. Also, you can play volleyball or football, there are lots of people on the beach and it’s easy to organise some kind of activity!
The tourists: The summer months are more chaotic. The number of tourists in Barcelona increase significantly in comparison to the previous months. Therefore it will be more difficult to mix with the locals. I wish you a fabulous July!
Excursions in Barcelona
To make the most of Barcelona and fill your trip with unforgettable experiences and emotions, we offer you the excursions through the Catalan capital organized by our friends - the GetYourGuide team. Choose your excursion and fall in love with Barcelona: