- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Open Air Cinema at Sala Montjuïc
- When: 29 June - 3 August | Opening time: Each day at 8:30PM, with the first movie screened at 10PM.
- Where: Carretera de Montjuïc, 66 - Metro line L1 or L3, exiting at Espanya. There is a free bus service that will take you to to event from Plaça d'Espanya (corner between Avinguda Paral·lel and Maria Cristina, in front of the tourist information point).
- Price: Standard ticket: €6.50 | Children: Free for up to 6 years old. €4 between 6 and 12 years old. | Guided visit of the castle: €5 | Chair rentals: €3
- Accommodation Nearby: Monthly rentals Barcelona
- Buy Tickets: Buy your ticket here
- Website: Sala Montjuïc Official Website
The best of cinema, outdoors in Barcelona
The Cinema a la Fresca de Sala Montjuïc (which basically means "Open-air Cinema at Montjuïc") celebrates its latest edition by once again screening the best films that have been recently released in their original language with subtitles in Spanish... So it's a great way to enjoy cinema and learn Spanish at the same time!
During five weeks, the gardens of Montjuïc Castle become an outdoor cinema where films of all kinds will be screened, plus short films, live concerts and masterclasses before starting the film.
You only need to bring something to sit down (like a blanket or folding chair), otherwise you can rent a seat there. Don't forget to bring some snacks too, maybe a little bottle of wine, though there is a bar on site. It's recommended to get there at 8:30 PM (starts of ticket sales) or before, so that you can get a good spot. Take a look at the weather forecast before, as it can get chilly during the night.
In case of rain, if the projection hasn't yet begun the organisers may cancel it. In that case, if you already purchased the ticket, you'll get a refund. The other possibility is that the movie has already begun and it starts to rain. Then everyone will be able to attend to another film later with that same ticket.
The inauguration this season will feature an exclusive concert by Mazoni, the short film "Compatible" by Pau Bacardit and projection of "Anchor and hope" by Carlos Marques-Marcet.
The movies to be screened include:
- Opening Night: Anchor and hope: 29 June
- Lion: 2 July
- Three billboards outside ebbing: 4 July
- West side story: 06 July
- Dunkirk: 9 July
- Call me by your name: 11 July
- Film-Concert: The cameraman: 13 July
- Psycho: 16 July
- The shape of water: 18 July
- Manchester by the sea: 20 July
- Snatch: 23 July
- Grave of the fireflies: 25 July
- Phantom thread: 27 July
- The salesman: 30 July
- Hell or high water: 1 August
- Surprise screening: 3 August
Sala Montjuïc Spot 2018
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
5 | | 98m² Monthly rental with balcony and free internet in Monjuic