- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Cinema Lliure - Barcelona's Open air beach cinema
Barcelona (Ciutat Vella)
- When: 28 June – 2 August
- Where: Sant Sebastià Beach (by Barceloneta) | Metro: Barceloneta - L4 (Yellow Line) | Bus: H16, V21 and 39
- Price: Free
- Accommodation Nearby: Long term rentals in Barcelona
- Website: Cinema Lliure Official Website (Catalan; Programme available in English and Spanish).
The ideal night out during the summer
When the summer comes — along with the heat — you'll appreciate spending more time outdoors, organizing plans with friends without being locked inside museums or shopping centres. So, because going to the cinema is always a good plan, why not enjoy it in Barcelona? For many nights in July and August, films are screened directly on the beach. A cinema, the sea and that breeze on summer nights... Tell us that isn't a good time.
Like every year, with sponsorship from Estrella Damm beer, Barcelona presents Cinema Lliure a la Platja — as it's called in Catalan. This is a reel of independent films which, as we said, takes place on San Sebastián beach, every Thursday and some Sundays from 28 June to 2 August at 9PM.
Cinema Lliure is also a meeting point to discuss, comment and enjoy not only films, but also music and short films projected under the light of the moon.
Programme for 2018
The movies to be screened include:
- Una mujer fántastica: 28 June
- People that are not me: 5 July
- Estiu 1993: 12 July
- O menido e o mundo: 19 July
- Patti cakes: 26 July
- The movie will be chose by the public: 2 August
The 2016 edition video
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
2 | | 35m² Monthly rental next to the beach for up to 2 people with air conditioning