This edition of Barcelona's Grec Festival marks its 42nd anniversary. You'll have a whole month of theatre, dance, music and circus across the city — from experimental works to the most conventional — for all audiences. It also has an extensive program for children and families.
- Barcelona Grec Festival Jun 30 - Jul 31 The Grec Festival of Barcelona is an international festival of theatre, dance, music, and circus acts.
It's the month of music! This time in Parc del Fòrum. This music festival has varied styles of music over three days and offers concerts from the most disparate genres, from reggae to hip hop, electronic music, and punk rock. Visit the event page by clicking below and grab your tickets too, they will sell out!
- Festival Cruïlla Barcelona 2018 Jul 13 - Jul 14 After Primavera Sound and Sonar, the diverse Cruïlla Music Festival takes place from 12-14 July.
Get ready for the heaviest festival in town! For the second year, the neighbouring town of Santa Coloma de Gramenet welcomes the Rockfest, a festival that brings together legendary rock heavyweights. The lineup this year is impressive, because it features Ozzy Osbourne, Kiss, Helloween, Scorpions and Megadeth.
- Barcelona Rock Fest 2018 Jul 05 - Jul 07 This rocking musical event will take place in Santa Coloma de Gramenet from 30 June to 2 July.
Tap On: Claqué
Don't miss the new edition of Tap On Barcelona, an International Encounter of Claqué that reunites dancers, amateurs and professionals from all over Europe and the best teachers in the world in an unforgettable environment.
- Tap On Barcelona 2018 Jul 23 - Jul 29 Participate in tap dancing classes and enjoy amazing shows
Barcelona Beach Festival — An electronic festival
One of the biggest festivals in July is going to be Barcelona Beach Festival. It takes place on 14 July at the beach by Port del Forum and Parc de la Pau. It's going to be the fourth edition, with the best electronic music of the moment. There are international DJs like Armin Van Buuren, Axwell ^ Ingrosso, The Chainsmokers, David Guetta, Oliver Heldens, Robin Schulz, Don Diablo and many others.
- Barcelona Beach Fest Jul 14 July Electro festival in Barcelona with the best DJs.
Brunch in the Park: Barcelona Music
Barcelona's 'Brunch in the park' is a fantastic initiative for young people and families to spend an ecological Sunday surrounded by nature, homemade food and music. It is an innovative project that combines the world of music with something as traditional as a brunch in a park, with friends or family.
- Brunch in the Park Jul 01 - Sep 16 Grab some brunch and then get ready for non-stop... Dancing!
Unite with Tomorrowland: Electronic Music
This year and for the first time, Tomorrowland will be live for everyone. Well, not for everyone but for some selected cities. Barcelona is one of the chosen ones! So with the name "Unite with Tomorrowland", the Belgian festival comes to Barcelona. It will be on 28 July in Santa Coloma de Gramenet. You can listen to artists like Quintino, Yves V, Galantis y Steve Aoki. Check below for more information:
- Tomorrowland in Barcelona Jul 28 Unite with Tomorrowland comes to Barcelona to put everyone dancing to the same rhythm of electronic music.
Música als Parcs: Classical, Jazz and Blues Music
In this 2018 edition, the programme includes 49 concerts, all for free. From June until the end of August you can listen to music in many parks across Barcelona. This event has been carried out for 15 years and includes the great quality music. Not only that, it is also great to sit at night in a nice place with good music, friends and family.
- Música als Parcs 2018 Jun 02 - Aug 30 This summer, enjoy the best free music in the parks of Barcelona!
Festival Jardins de Pedralbes
If you still want more music, you're in luck! There are still concerts scheduled for the Jardins de Pedralbes Festival until July 13. Nature, history, music and gastronomy come together in such a natural environment for a large number of concerts and shows.
- Festival Jardins de Pedralbes Jun 06 - Jul 13 This musical event will take place in Barcelona from 6 June to 13 July with a wide selection of international ...
Costa Brava Festivals
The Costa Brava is not only home to one unique and magical musical festivals in the country, but two! So if you want to make the trip out of Barcelona and get to know this region a bit, then there's no better way than using these two music festivals as an excuse.
Festival Castell de Peralada
This is held at the fabulous Peralada Castle. It's a multidisciplinary festival that brings big names in music, from opera to pop; dance, from ballet to modern; and theatre, from classics to contemporaries. A magical atmosphere with the best performers!
- Castell de Peralada Festival 2018 Jul 05 - Aug 17 Famous festival with some of the best names in opera and dance.
Cap Roig Festival
The other is one of the most important summer festivals in Catalonia. It takes place at Cap Roig (Calella de Palafrugell) — one of the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world — and hosts major international acts such as Juanes, Mag Lari, James Blunt, Sting and Shaggy. The concerts take place outdoors, surrounded by nature and wonderful views. It also has a dedicated programme to keep the youngest of the household entertained :).
- Cap Roig Festival 2018 Jul 13 - Aug 22 Many international and national artists will be at Cap Roig this summer.
Mecal Air, Poble Espanyol
We all want to spend a lot of time outdoors in summer. So, what better way to do it than watching short films with friends and a glass of wine? Mecal Air is the summer alternative to the classic movie theatres. Come and enjoy a combination of short films and food. Every Friday of June, July and August, and the first two Fridays of September.
- Mecal Air — The open-air short film cinema Jun 15 - Sep 07 Barcelona's favourite short film open-air cinema event
Open-air cinema - Sala Montjuïc
Like cinema? Here you have the opportunity to see great classics films and recent blockbusters in a way that's unique and special — by having a picnic in the gardens of Montjuïc's castle. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday during summer will see films screened here in their original language, plus subtitled in Spanish. Films like The Big Lebowski and American Hustle. Plus, you can enjoy concerts and masterclasses.
- Open Air Cinema at Sala Montjuïc Jun 29 - Aug 03 Classics, recently released films and concerts in the open-air
Open-air cinema on the beach - Cinema Lluire
What if you prefer the beach to the mountains? Well there's another open-air cinema in Barcelona during the summer called Cinema Lluire. This event takes place on Sant Sebastia beach each Thursday and Sunday. It shows the latest in independent movies, short-films, and live music. Unlike the one on Montjuic though, this one is completely free.
- Cinema Lliure - Barcelona's Open air beach cinema Jun 28 - Aug 02 Free movies on the beach for summer nights in Barcelona.
The Magic Fountain of Montjuïc
During the summer, the magic fountain runs its largest number of shows. July sees three shows every Wednesday to Sunday each 30 minutes at 9:30PM, 10PM, and 10:30PM. It's a show of light, water and music, in a spectacle that never fails to leave onlookers in awe. It's free, so why would you miss it?
- Magic Fountain of Montjüic Event Feb 26 - Jan 17 When can you see the Magic Fountain of Montjuic show in Barcelona? The history of the fountain, the best times...
The Climate in July
Summer is coming to Barcelona! July is a month where you can enjoy the sun and beach, but be warned: the sun is very strong so it’s a good idea to have an umbrella or sun cream. The average temperature is generally 26ºC and never dips below 24ºC. In fact, you will see the city full of colour and always under the sun.
Here is the climatological data for the month of July in Barcelona:
- Average temperature: 26ºC
- Maximum temperature: 29ºC
- Minimum temperature: 25ºC
- Sunrise: between 6:18am and 6:27am
- Sunset: between 9:23pm and 9:32pm
If you would like more up-to-date information, here is a good website with meteorological information.
Travel to Barcelona in July
What? You still think that Barcelona is just sun and beach? The month of July awaits you with lots of music festivals, concerts and joy. We recommend that you start organising your trip to the Catalan capital and decide which events to attend and what excursions to do.
Midsummer: In Barcelona, the weather in July is fantastic, so you can do everything! But we know that swimming, sunbathing and enjoying life by attending the best events in Barcelona is a "must do" in Barcelona in summer. Also, enjoy this month to discover the best part of the city. If you want a guide to the best parks in Barcelona, you can read this interesting article:
- Barcelona and its green spaces Breathe fresh air in the most amazing parks of the city ...
Good temperature: In July, the temperatures are high but are good for going to the beach. Enjoy the sea and your new tan :)
The beach: In July, you can swim at any of the beaches in the city. The sea has had time to completely warm up and the water temperature is normal. Also, you can play volleyball or football, there are lots of people on the beach and it’s easy to organise some kind of activity!
The tourists: The summer months are more chaotic. The number of tourists in Barcelona increase significantly in comparison to the previous months. Therefore it will be more difficult to mix with the locals. I wish you a fabulous July!