Exhibitions and Fairs
The Mobile World Congress (MWC), the biggest event in the world for mobile technology, comes to Barcelona on 26 February to 1 March 2018. Since 2006, Barcelona has become a showcase for global innovation for technology, with more than 100,000 visitors of 204 different nationalities at the last edition. Surprises, important announcements, new technologies and huge opportunities to establish to establish business contacts, this edition aspires to be the best MWC yet.
- Mobile World Congress 2018 Feb 26 - Mar 01 Mobile World Congress is easily the biggest mobile event in the world. Don't miss it.
Game of Thrones
This exposition has already started in Barcelona and will travel the world. The Game of Thrones world is here and with its props, costumes and yes, the Iron Throne! Not only can you see it, you can also sit in it! You can be like Cersei:
- The Game of Thrones exposition kicks off in Barcelona! Find out what lurks behind the scenes in the Game of Thrones series with this unique exposition
International Vintage Car Rally
The Barcelona to Sitges Vintage Car Rally celebrates 60 editions this year. This event unites vintage and classic car enthusiasts from around the world. The winners are not just awarded for speed, but also for cars with the most original parts and the drivers clothes.
- Barcelona - Sitges International Vintage Car Rally Mar 03 - Mar 04 This legendary Sitges events is back for another year to celebrate vintage motors!
Semana Santa (Easter)
Semana Santa (or Easter) is a very important religious festival in Spain and the celebration of Easter is a significant event in every region, so all the towns celebrate, from the smallest to the biggest cities. Discover how it’s celebrated in Barcelona!
- How is Easter celebrated in Barcelona? Spend Easter in the Catalan capital and enjoy the city, from its traditions to its chocolate.
Festival of Sant Medir
For those with a sweet-tooth, this annual sweet celebration is an unmissable event. This local festival in the Gràcia district goes from Gran de Gràcia to the Jardinets de Gràcia. Along the way, sweets are thrown from a parade into the crowds! 60 tonnes of sweets in fact (...not all at once thankfully)! Parades, floats, music, and guaranteed fun! There are even fireworks! Note down the 3 March in your calender to enjoy this festival with family and friends.
- Sant Medir Festival Mar 03 The sweetest festival in Barcelona. Time to hunt for sweets!
Beer lovers gather at La Farga Centre d’Activitats Hospitalet de Llobregat from 24 to 26 March! There’s only one word you’ll need at this festival: Cheers! It promises a very welcoming atmosphere to enjoy snacks and music while sipping on some awesome craft beers.
- Beer Festival 2018 Mar 16 - Mar 18 Hundreds of varieties of craft beer to taste! All in the beautiful and sunny Barcelona.
The Magic Fountain of Montjüic
This famous fountain offers musical shows full of colour throughout the year. During the winter, the fountain starts up on Fridays and Saturdays from 7pm til 9pm. During the summer, from Thursday to Sunday from 9pm til 11:30pm. The shows take place every 30 minutes.
- Magic Fountain of Montjuic Event Feb 26 - Jan 17 The Magic Fountain of Montjuic offers a colorful show, which takes you to another world with water jets explod...
Guitar Festival BCN
Once again, the best musicians and bands reunite in Barcelona to offer us some fantastic music with one indisputable star: the guitar. From rock bands to indie music, even flamenco. A genre for every taste. On 30 and 31 March, Bob Dylan will also perform. It’s impossible not to find a concert that you want to go to!
- Barcelona Guitar Festival 2018 Jan 27 - Jun 29 From pop and rock to folk, it doesn't matter as long as there is a guitar. This is the 29th Guitar Festival Ba...
Suite Festival in Barcelona
The music continues with the Suite Festival Barcelona, the new member of the family of festivals in Barcelona. Take a look at the next concerts and reserve your tickets. Great musicians will perform at the Liceu Theatre. So don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy them in such a theatre. On 23 March, Tony Hadley will perform, ex member of Spandeu Ballet, who comes from his tour Tonight belongs to us in several European countries.
- Suite Festival Barcelona 2018 Jan 16 - Jun 29 Great musicians performing live at the fantastic Gran Teatre de Liceu
The Zurich Marathon of Barcelona has become the 4th largest marathon in Europe. The run passes the Sagrada Familia and las Ramblas, among other iconic locations in Barcelona. There are over 20,000 participants and countless supporters that come to the streets in what is one of the most attended sporting events of the city. Professional or amateur? You can participate in this unique race or simply watch part of the route.
- Barcelona Marathon Mar 11 Participate, have fun, and triumph in the Barcelona Marathon!
Other Spring Activities
Discover all the activities that you can do in Barcelona in Spring. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover new ways of enjoying the city by reading this article:
- 5 Spring and Summer Activities in Barcelona 5 Ideas to enjoy the good weather in Barcelona during spring and summer
The Climate in March
Spring is coming in Barcelona! March is the month that brings the good weather and higher temperatures in the Catalan capital. The tress and the flowers blossom and the city awakens. The average temperature is generally 12ºC and the thermometer never reaches below 6 degrees. In fact, you can see the whole city full of colour and always under the sun.
These are the climatological figures for the month of March in Barcelona:
- Average temperate: 11.5ºC
- Maximum temperature: 15.9ºC
- Minimum temperature: 6.8ºC
- Sunrise: between 7:26am and 7:36am
- Sunset: between 6:42pm and 8:15pm
If you want more current information, here is a good page for meteorological information.
Together with April and May, March is one of the best months to enjoy your stay in Barcelona. Spring changes the city: the festivals, music events and runs begin. Here is what we think are the advantages and disadvantages of travelling to Barcelona in this month.
Prices: Accommodation and flights are cheaper, so you can enjoy the city during the perfect season but with lower prices than during the other months. Remember that at Easter, the prices rise significantly, so we advise that you travel mid-March.
Less tourists: In the month of March, Barcelona has tourists in the streets, but they are still not full of people. The summer months are the most chaotic, so Spring seems to be the best season to travel to this destination stress free.
The only disadvantage of travelling in March is that the sea will be too cold to take a swim. This is the only month with high temperatures where it will be almost impossible to enjoy this part of the city. Even so, you can go to Barceloneta or your preferred beach to enjoy the sun or with your friends to hang out.