- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Winter Sales in Barcelona 2019
- When: 7 January - 7 March 2019
- Where: Barcelona
- Accommodation Nearby: Find your holiday apartment in Barcelona and go crazy whilst shopping.
2019 is a great year to shop in Barcelona
The winter sales will start on 7 January 2019, just after Three Kings Day. Less tourists visit Barcelona in winter and now you will find flights and apartments at much lower prices. This year in particular, you can save even more money than normal. Why, you ask? Take a look at this article :-)
- Does the Catalan conflict make Barcelona unsafe? There has been problems in the tourism sector in Barcelona since the referendum. Is this justified?
The climate in Barcelona is mild and this allows you to enjoy the winter sales under the sun, without coats, scarves and hats. In Catalonia, the sales always start after the Three Kings Day. It’s a good idea to come a few days before the sales and discover the Three Kings Parade or another activity that the city offers during this time. In the following article, you will find a good list of ideas:
- What to do in Barcelona: Autumn and Winter What to do in Barcelona in autumn and winter, despite the lower temperatures
Where to go shopping during the winter sales in Barcelona?
The sales in Barcelona last for a long time and you will find deals from January until March. For example, Zara or Mango are cheaper in Spain than in other countries and do great discounts during this time, making it really worthwhile.
The central areas where you can go shopping are:
- Passeig de Gràcia: This is one of the most famous shopping streets in Barcelona. It is the equivalent to the Champs Elysees in Paris. On the avenue, there are designer shops such as Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent, Hermes, Chanel, Gucci, Cartier, etc.
- Portal del Angel: This is one of the busiest pedestrian streets in Barcelona and is full of clothes shops. Start from Passeig de Gracia with H&M, Kiabi, Mango and the Inditex group shops, continuing onto Portal del Angel until you reach the Barcelona Cathedral.
- El Corte Ingles: Continuing with the comparisons to the French capital, El Corte Ingles is the equivalent to the Lafayette Galleries. It is a very important chain of department stores in Spain that offers a wide variety of cosmetic products, clothes, electronics, etc. Here you will also find gastronomic souvenirs.
- Two shopping centres: (1) Las Arenas preserves the façade of the old bullring and has 116 shops over 3 floors. You will find brands such as Mango, Calvin Klein, the Nexpresso shop, Calzedonia, Claires, etc. The highlight is the large terrace where you can enjoy an amazing 360 º panoramic view (2) El Maremagnum is located at the end of the famous Rambla and is surrounded by the sea. It is not the biggest in Barcelona but it has the advantage of being the only open shopping centre on Sundays and public holidays.
Where can you go shopping in other areas of Barcelona?
The Catalan capital is very big and you can enjoy the sales in other areas. You will only need to spend a few minutes on the metro to be in the less touristy areas. Here you have four more options:
- Primark: it is the chain of shops most famous for its incredible prices. During the sales, it’s cheaper than ever! In Barcelona, you will find two Primarks: (1) in the L’illa shopping centre (Avenida Diagonal) and (2) in the Diagonal Mar shopping centre. However, be warned, you will have to wait in a large queue to pay!
- Gracia neighbourhood: here you can find lots of small shops with handmade products, unique clothing, personalised perfumes, etc.
- La Maquinista: this is one of the biggest shopping centres in Barcelona. It’s worth going to! You can find it in the Sant Andreu neighbourhood.
- Les Glories shopping centre: this is one of the other biggest shopping centres in the city. This is close to the Gran Via and Avenida Diagonal. It opened in 1995 and you will find all the brands in the shopping centre.
Outlets in Barcelona
During the sales, you will also find good offers in the outlets in Barcelona. If you don’t know these outlets, take a look at the following article ;)
- Barcelona's outlets, a smart way to shop The best outlets to indulge yourself by buying at low prices.
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
4 | | 102m² Monthly rental for up to 4 people with balcony close to Plaza Cataluña