- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Somorrostro beach (Beach)
A central beach by Barceloneta
If you come to visit the capital of Catalonia, we will help you to find the best apartments for long term in Barcelona. We offer apartments of different types, renovated and well furnished in all areas of Barcelona!
Somorrostro beach can be found by Hospital del Mar and Carrer de la Marina. It belongs to the section of beaches found in the Barceloneta district. It's called Somorrostro because not so long ago it was home to a makeshift shantytown neighbourhood with the same name, which lasted for over 100 years before being destroyed in anticipation of a visit to the Catalan capital from Franco in 1966.
Being situated in Barceloneta, Somorrostro naturally has a very central location and convenient access by public transport. For this reason it is one of the favorite beach areas for young people, tourists, and of course some locals.
(Image source: Wikipedia - Photo by Sergi Larripa)
- Showers and public restrooms
- Children play area.
- Gym area.
- Volleyball courts
See more photos of Somorrostro beach on our Barceloneta district board on Pinterest!
Excursions in Barcelona
To make the most of Barcelona and fill your trip with unforgettable experiences and emotions, we offer you the excursions through the Catalan capital organized by our friends - the GetYourGuide team. Choose your excursion and fall in love with Barcelona:
- Location: Between Hospital del Mar and Marina
- Length: 522 metres - Width: 89 metres
- Borders:Barceloneta beach and Port Olímpic.
- How to get there:
- Bus: Lines 14, 16, 17, 36, 39, 40, 45, 51, 57, 59, and 64.
- Metro: Barceloneta and Ciutadella, L4 (Yellow line).
- Tram: Ciutadella-Vila Olímpica.
- Accommodation nearby: If you want to stay close to Somorrostro beach then take a look at these apartment in the Barceloneta neighbourhood!
- Accommodation by the other beaches: here.