Fairs and exhibitions
If you come to visit the capital of Catalonia, we will help you to find the best apartments for long term in Barcelona. We offer apartments of different types, renovated and well furnished in all areas of Barcelona!
Temps de Flors
Explore the streets of Girona between 11-19 of May, where the streets are adorned with beautiful floral decorations. You can get to Girona from Barcelona by car, train or bus. Don't miss this colourful festival.
- Temps de Flors in Girona May 11 - May 19 You will never see Girona as beautiful as during the floral festival, which takes place in May.
Museums at Night Barcelona
Spring is the time of culture in Barcelona, and with it comes the 15th edition of the European Museums at Night initiative. It takes place on Saturday, 18 May. Now that you know, you have no excuse not to go to the museum; this night is only organized once a year. Most of the museums in Barcelona participate.
- Museums at Night Barcelona May 18 On 18 May 2019, Museums at Night takes place around 120 countries. In Barcelona it's known as La Nit de les Mu...
The 20th DocsBarcelona festival takes place from 15–25 May in different theatres around Barcelona. It features the best documentaries of the year. You'll also find numerous conferences throughout the festival to learn more in depth about the field.
- DocsBarcelona - 20th Edition May 15 - May 25 The best documentaries of the year at DocsBarcelona 2019 documentary film festival.
After the success of the last editions, the Barcelona Handmade Festival returns to the Fira de Montjuïc with an endless selection of activities. If you like to make little treats yourself, from baking to sewing, or you're simply a fan of handicrafts and you want to get some fantastic creations for yourself, then this is your place.
- Handmade festival May 03 - May 05 Sew you like handicrafts? Then it seams you'll love Handmade Festival.
Ciutat Flamenco celebrates its 26th edition in 2019, maintaining its commitment to creation, innovation and the history of a musical culture rooted in the city since its inception. For all these reasons, Ciutat Flamenco has been not only the exhibitor of the big names and the proposals of greatest interest that have marked the evolution of flamenco in the 21st century.
- Ciutat Flamenco may 16 - may 31 Barcelona offers its citizens and visitors a wide range of flamenco shows.
Brunch In The City
This event has become one of the more popular events in Barcelona. A meeting point for music, food, art, design, clubs and families. An attractive program with activities and workshops for the whole family (crafts, arts, cooking, sports, games, makeup, etc.), a brunch menu to gather energy, second-hand markets, wine fairs and of course the best DJs of the national and international scene.
- Brunch in the city Mar 17 - Jun 16 Imagine a nomadic brunch on Sundays able to make it your new favorite day of the week. Emerging designers, act...
Perhaps it's the most important of the events scheduled for the spring season in Barcelona, and it begins on 31 May. Of course, we're talking about the most emblematic underground music festival in Barcelona, Primavera Sound. For four days you can enjoy — without stopping — concerts in a wonderful setting overlooking the sea. Let's rock!
- Primavera Sound 2019 May 30 - Jun 01 Primavera sound returns to Barcelona with an incredible lineup of artists! Don't miss the biggest music festiv...
Guitar Festival in Barcelona
The guitar festival is true tribute to this instrument. It's a festival that has taken root in Barcelona. It lasts four months and annually hosts big names in the world music scene. The concerts take place in different parts of Barcelona, with venues like Razzmatazz, Sala Apolo and l'Auditorium.
- Barcelona Guitar Festival 2019 Jan 31 - Jul 10 From pop and rock to folk, it doesn't matter as long as there is a guitar. This is the 28th Guitar Festival Ba...
This is the reference exhibition for all engine fans. There'll be representatives from various sectors: automobiles, commercial and electric vehicles, oil companies, tyres and more... In addition, this year coincides with the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Montmeló, which we just mentioned. All together this makes Barcelona the real capital of motors, with a lot of outdoor activities.
- Salón Internacional del Automóvil Barcelona May 09 - May 19 If you like cars or if are thinking about buying a new car, you must visit the International Motor Show.
Barcelona F1 Grand Prix Are you a speed lover? Because F1 Grand prix returns to Barcelona from 12–14 May at the Montmelo circuit. Come experience seeing the best drivers in the world, listen to the roar of the engines and feel all the adrenaline, while supporting your favourite driver on this 4.5-km circuit. An event that undoubtedly promises great emotions!
- F1 Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya May 10 - May 12 Just like each year the F1 Catalan Grand Prix takes place at Circuit de Catalunya in May!
Other activities in Barcelona
Check out the best outdoor activities of Barcelona:
- 5 Spring and Summer Activities in Barcelona 5 Ideas to enjoy the good weather in Barcelona during spring and summer
Magic fountain of Montjuic
Around 2.5 million people visit the Magic Fountain of Montjüic every year, which is an unmissable attraction when visiting Barcelona. This particular fountain is special as it displays a wonderful and bewildering show of light, colour, and water dancing to music throughout the year. Each show is different so you can even watch it more than once!
- Magic Fountain of Montjüic Event Mar 01 - Jan 06 When can you see the Magic Fountain of Montjuic show in Barcelona? The history of the fountain, the best times...
The Climate in May
Spring is coming to Barcelona! May is the month that brings the good weather and higher temperatures in the Catalan capital. The trees and flowers bloom and the city wakes up. The average temperature is generally 14ºC and never goes below 8ºC. In fact, you will see the whole city full of colours and always under the sun.
Here is the climatological data for the month of May in Barcelona:
- Average temperature: 16ºC
- Maximum temperature: 18.8ºC
- Minimum temperature: 14.4ºC
- Sunrise: between 7:13am and 7:51am
- Sunset: between 8:16pm and 8:48pm
If you would like more up to date information, here is a good page with meteorological information.
May is one of the best months to enjoy your stay in Barcelona. Spring transforms the city: the festivals, music events and runs start. Here is our opinion on the advantages and disadvantages of travelling to Barcelona this month!
Best time of Spring: In Barcelona, the climate is always fantastic for doing everything, but we know that walking in the parks, sunbathing or taking an excursion to Park de Collserola is different in Spring. Enjoy this month and discover the best part of the city. If you want a guide for the best parks in Barcelona, you can read this interesting article.
- Barcelona and its green spaces Breathe fresh air in the most amazing parks of the city ...
Less tourists: In the month of May, Barcelona has tourists in the streets, but they are still not full of people. The months of summer are more chaotic, so Spring seems like the best month to travel to this destination stress free.
Although in May it is not guaranteed that you can bathe in Barceloneta, if you are lucky you will have good days to enjoy the beaches of Barcelona ... without tourists!
Excursions in Barcelona
To make the most of Barcelona and fill your trip with unforgettable experiences and emotions, we offer you the excursions through the Catalan capital organized by our friends - the GetYourGuide team. Choose your excursion and fall in love with Barcelona:
The only inconvenience of travelling in May is that it will be too cold to swim in the sea. It’s the only month with high temperatures where it’s almost impossible to enjoy this part of the city. Even so, you can go to Barceloneta or to your preferred beach to sunbathe or time spend time with your friends.