Fairs and Exhibitions
If you come to visit the capital of Catalonia, we will help you to find the best holiday apartments in Barcelona. We offer apartments of different types, renovated and well furnished in all areas of Barcelona!
Feria de Abril
The Catalonia April Fair is a popular, traditional Andalucian festival which takes place every year in Barcelona and lasts for 10 days at the Parc del Forùm. The Catalonia April Fair in Barcelona is a colourful and joyful event: experience folk culture and discover Seville in Barcelona!
- Catalonia April Fair in Barcelona Apr 26 - May 04 Experience southern Spain culture with Sevillanas dances, enjoy a drink in a "caseta" and ride the ferris whee...
Semana Santa (Easter)
Semana Santa (or Easter) is a very important religious festival in Spain and the celebration of Easter is a significant event in every region, so all the towns celebrate, from the smallest to the biggest cities. Discover how it’s celebrated in Barcelona!
- How is Easter celebrated in Barcelona? Spend Easter in the Catalan capital and enjoy the city, from its traditions to its chocolate.
Sant Jordi - Catalonia's Valentine's Day
On the 23 April, Barcelona celebrates the most romantic day of the year for the Catalans - Sant Jordi. You will find stands with roses and books all the way along Las Ramblas. In fact, the tradition is that the men give the women a rose and they in return give the men a book.
- Sant Jordi - Catalonia's Valentine's Day Apr 23 Enjoy Barcelona like never before as they celebrate St. George's Day!
Bridal Week in Barcelona
One out of every 10 wedding dresses sold around the world is from a Spanish designer. Therefore, it is not surprising that Barcelona celebrates the wedding week. A fair with more than 250 businesses, which welcomes more than 16,000 professionals. Media and visitors from all over the world come to the Catalan capital to return to their country with all the news about the latest trends in wedding dresses. If you like this world, or you're getting married soon, you can't miss this great show.
- Barcelona Bridal Week Apr 23 - Apr 28 The most important event in the bridal industry will take place in April in Barcelona
The Comic Convention is one of the most important events in the country for comic lovers because here, you will find all the news and developments related to this world. This year's event revolves around the theme of aviation with the aeroplanes as the protagonist. You will be able to see various models and devices of different styles and times. Ready to take flight?
- 37th Barcelona Comic Convention Apr 5 - Apr 7 The place to be for comic lovers has begun the countdown to opening 12 April at Fira Montjuïc in Barcelona.
Guitar Festival BCN
Once again, the best musicians and bands meet in Barcelona to offer us fantastic music with one indisputable protagonist: the guitar.
- Barcelona Guitar Festival 2019 Jan 31 - Jul 10 From pop and rock to folk, it doesn't matter as long as there is a guitar. This is the 30th Guitar Festival Ba...
Suite Festival in Barcelona
The music continues with the Suite Festival Barcelona, the new member of the family of festivals in Barcelona. Take a look at the next concerts and book your tickets.
- Suite Festival Barcelona 2019 Jan 23 - Jul 23 Great musicians performing live at the fantastic Gran Teatre de Liceu
The Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell
This year, the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell will take place from 20 until 28 April. It will be the 67th edition of the Trofeo Conde Gondé. The first edition took place in 1953 making it the oldest tennis tournament in Spain, one of the most important clay court tournaments.
- Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell Apr 20 - Apr 28 The Barcelona Open will take place this year from 20 to 28 April 2019 at Barcelona's Royal Tennis Club!
Other Spring Activities
Discover all the activities you can do in Barcelona during Spring! Don't miss the opportunity to discover new ways of enjoying the city by reading this article:
- 5 Spring and Summer Activities in Barcelona 5 Ideas to enjoy the good weather in Barcelona during spring and summer
The Climate in April
Spring is coming to Barcelona! April is the month that brings the good weather and higher temperatures in the Catalan capital. The trees and flowers bloom and the city wakes up. The average temperature is generally 14ºC and never goes below 8ºC. In fact, you will see the whole city full of colours and always under the sun.
Here is the climatological data for the month of April in Barcelona:
- Average temperature: 14ºC
- Maximum temperature: 17.8ºC
- Minimum temperature: 8.4ºC
- Sunrise: between 6:50am and 7:35am
- Sunset: between 8:16pm and 8:48pm
If you would like more up to date information, here is a good page with meteorological information.
Together with March and May, April is one of the best months to enjoy your stay in Barcelona. Spring transforms the city: the festivals, music events and runs start. Here is our opinion on the advantages and disadvantages of travelling to Barcelona this month!
Arrival of Spring: In Barcelona, the climate is always fantastic for doing everything, but we know that walking in the parks, sunbathing or taking an excursion to Park de Collserola is different in Spring. Enjoy this month and discover the best part of the city. If you want a guide for the best parks in Barcelona, you can read this interesting article.
- Barcelona and its green spaces Breathe fresh air in the most amazing parks of the city ...
Less tourists: In the month of April, Barcelona has tourists in the streets, but they are still not full of people. The months of summer are more chaotic, so Spring seems like the best month to travel to this destination stress free.
This year, Easter will be in March (until 1 April), so the month of April is cheaper than ever! Make the most of it!
The Catalan version of Valentine’s Day: St. George’s Day. This festival is already famous so many people come to visit Barcelona on this particular, beautiful day. You can’t miss this festival where the locals will also participate… and don’t forget to buy a rose or a book!
Excursions in Barcelona
To make the most of Barcelona and fill your trip with unforgettable experiences and emotions, we offer you the excursions through the Catalan capital organized by our friends - the GetYourGuide team. Choose your excursion and fall in love with Barcelona:
The only inconvenience of travelling in April is that it will be too cold to swim in the sea. It’s the only month with high temperatures where it’s almost impossible to enjoy this part of the city. Even so, you can go to Barceloneta or to your preferred beach to sunbathe or time spend time with your friends.