- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Casa Batlló (Building / Construction)
Casa Batlló is an architectural jewel from Antoni Gaudi. Unique, abstract, and amazing; it was built between 1904 and 1906.
It is located on Passeig de Gracia in Barcelona, within the district of Eixample. Its precise located is on the Manzana de la discordia or Block of Discord in English. On this block of buildings you will find works from other modernist architects like: Casa Amatller by Josep Puig i Cadafalch; Casa Lleó Morera by Lluís Domènech i Montaner; Casa Mulleras, by Enric Sagnier i Villavecchia; and Casa Josefina Bonet by Marcel·lià Coquillat.
Casa Batlló is not just a building, it is already a legendary piece of art and architecture. The imaginations of Gaudí created a facade for Casa Batlló that is both original and fantastic, substituting the old facade for a new one made of stone and glass. It is one of the many representations of dragons in Barcelona.
The house has more than a total of 5000 sq m and faces Passeig de Gràcia, the rear of the building faces the courtyard of the block of buildings.
Now you can visit the main floor, former home of the Batlló family and the most magical spaces of the house.
This iconic building is popular amongst travellers, so if you want to beat the queues here (and at other places around the city) then read our article "Top tips to avoid queuing in Barcelona".
- Address: Passeig de Gràcia, 43, 08007 Barcelona
- How to get there?: Metro L3, Passeig de Gràcia. | Bus 7, 16, 17, 22, 24, 28.
- Prices: Adults (18+): €20.35. | Groups (20+ personas): €17.30. | Children (7-17) / Students / Seniors (65+): €16.30 | Catalan Residents: €16.30 | Young children (6 and under): Free
- Opening hours: Monday to Sunday, 9:00 - 21:00 (last admissions at 20:20).
- Web: http://www.casabatllo.es
- Accommodation nearby: Here is a list of apartments close to Casa Batlló.
Other attractions in Eixample dret
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Participate. Share. Win.
5 | | 50m² Central apartment for up to 5 people with air conditioning in Passeig de Gràcia