The First Swim of the Year
Cold never bothered you anyway? Well if you're brave and you want to start the new year in the most original way possible, then take off your clothes, put on your bathing suit, and dive headfirst into the Mediterranead with 400+ like-minded people in this fun event that locals call el Primer Bany d'Any Nou. What better way to wash away the worries from the previous year?
- First swim of the year in Barcelona Jan 01 Welcome the new year with open arms in the most original way. Taking a dip in the Mediterranean!
The Three Kings Parade
After Santa packs up his sack and leaves, it's the turn of the Three Wise Men or as they are referred to by locals; the Three kings. They will arrive bearing gifts for the children of Barcelona, which is when you and your children can watch them pass through the city in a huge parade! An impressive spectacle for the whole family. Don't forget to write your letter asking the kings for your favourite presents!
- Spain's 'Second Christmas': Three Kings Parade 2016 Jan 05 The Three Wise Men of the east will parade the streets of Barcelona on the 5th January
Ferias and Festivals
Fira de Reyes The Fair of Kings returns to Barcelona from December 20, 2018 to January 6, 2019 in the Gran Vía de les Corts Catalanes. Here you can find the best gifts for the day of Kings. Come and discover the event that is linked to the important Spanish tradition of the Magi.
- The Three Kings Market on the Gran Via Dec 20 - Jan 06 Come and eat delicious churros and discover the handmade products on offer at the Three Kings Market on the Gr...
Under the sun of Barcelona you will find many different stores: luxury; boutiques, chains in shopping centers. The discounts in Barcelona last several days, so you will have plenty of time to make good purchases from January to March. Stores like Zara or Mango, which are already cheaper in Spain than in other European countries, have great discounts during this time.
- Winter Sales in Barcelona 2019 Jan 07 - Mar 07 Winter sales in Barcelona. All you need to know.
The Festival of Sant Antoni is celebrated from January 12 to the 21 of the same month. Discover the Catalan traditions such as the Correfoc, the Diables de Sant Antoni, the Porca, Els Tres Tombs and the Giants
- Sant Antoni Festival Jan 11 - Jan 20 The Festival of Sant Antoni takes place in January with the Awakening, the Giants Parade and the Correfoc.
The new festival in the music scene of the city returns: Suite Festival Barcelona. You can see Paul Anka, Julieta Venegas, and many more live at the Liceu theatre. See all the concerts dates in our event page below and buy your tickets before they sell out!
- Suite Festival Barcelona 2019 Jan 23 - May 23 Great musicians performing live at the fantastic Gran Teatre de Liceu
Barcelona's Children's Festival
Your children will still be away from school, so why not come and enjoy one event? This one is thought for the littlest members of the household, with activities and workshops of all kinds. The other is designed more for older children, adolescents, and all-round lovers of technology. It has workshops, music, and the latest trends. Mums and dads; you are welcome. :)
- Barcelona's Children's Festival Dec 27 - Jan 04 Have a blast at the Children's Festival of Barcelona from 27th December until the 4th Janaury!
Once again the best musicians meet in Barcelona to offer us fantastic musical shows, where an instrument is the key: the guitar. From rock groups to flamenco music, there are concerts of many musical styles ... It will be difficult for you not to find a concert that you want to go to. ;)
- Barcelona Guitar Festival 2019 Jan 31 - Jul 10 From pop and rock to folk, it doesn't matter as long as there is a guitar. This is the 29th Guitar Festival Ba...
Half marathonIn your post, ready ... NOW! Are you ready to run the half marathon of Sitges? Do not wait any longer to register! It's time to show your physical condition in this affordable race for all levels, with a tour of the main streets of the city. A good activity after the Christmas holidays ...
- Sitges Half Marathon 2019 Jan 14 Hit the road and join 5000 other runners in the Sitges Half Marathon!
That's the selection of January events in Barcelona, so hopefully there's something for you there. If you're coming to Barcelona for a winter holiday next January, the don't hesitate to take a look at our holiday apartments in the city centre and if you're moving to the city to live, then think about choosing one of our monthly rentals. There's no excuse for staying at home on the sofa when there are so many activities to be done in the city! Get out there and enjoy what Barcelona has to offer!