- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Spain's 'Second Christmas': Three Wise Men Parade 2019
- When: 5 January around 18:00
- Where: Avinguda del Marquès de l'Argentera - Avinguda Maria Cristina - Montjuic fountains
- Price: Free
- Accommodation Nearby: Would you like to see the Three Kings Parade comfortably from your own balcony? You can search for an apartment on one of the aforementioned routes with our list of apartments in Barcelona's city centre.
The Three Wise Men arrive in Barcelona!
If you come to visit the capital of Catalonia, we will help you to find the best long term rentals barcelona. We offer apartments of different types, renovated and well furnished in all areas of Barcelona!
Have you been well-behaved this year? Yes? Well if that's so then you better get to the streets of Barcelona on the 5 January and make yourself known to the Three Wise Men who are visiting the city bearing gifts as part of their annual parade with a trail of parade floats and royal pages, who collect letters from the children and deliver them to the Three Wise Men after the show. This celebration signifies the end of the Christmas holidays in Barcelona, which you can read about here.
The parade is long, featuring musicians, dancers, and of course, sweets and candy for all the children who await in anticipation around Barcelona's city centre! Although over the years the parade has undergone variations, the route and schedules have been maintained over the past few years.
The parade is long and covers several of Barcelona's main avenues. Below you will find the best places in the city to watch the kings pass by:
Route of the Three Kings Parade in Barcelona
- 16:30 - Arrival of the Three Wise Men at Moll de la Fusta, Port Vell; where they will be officially greeted and thanked for their time by the Mayor of Barcelona.
- 18:00 - The parade begins at Avenida del Marquès de l'Argentera and will pass through the following streets:
- 18:10 - Plaça de Palau
- 18:15 - Passeig Isabel II
- 18:25 - Via Laietana
- 19:00 - Plaça de Urquinaona and Carrer Fontanella
- 19:10 - Plaça de Catalunya
- 19:25 - Plaça Universitat
- 19:35 - Ronda Sant Antoni
- 19:45 - Carrer Sepúlveda
- 20:25 - Avinguda Paral·lel
- 20:35 - Plaça d'Espanya
- 20:45 - Avinguda Reina Maria Cristina
- 21:00 - Plaça d'Espanya via Av. Rius y Taulet - The final part of the parade queues usually reach this part around 22:00
If you can't make it to the parade or you don't like large crowds of people, then you can always watch it on the regional channel - TV3. Whatever you do though, don't miss out on this, one of the most magical events during Christmas in Barcelona.
Excursions in Barcelona
To make the most of Barcelona and fill your trip with unforgettable experiences and emotions, we offer you the excursions through the Catalan capital organized by our friends - the GetYourGuide team. Choose your excursion and fall in love with Barcelona:
Take a look at this video parade from a previous year!
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
4 | | 70m² Monthly rental for up to 4 people with balcony in Poble Sec