- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
New Years Eve in Barcelona 2017-2018
- When: 31st December - 1st January (The Metro will be running all night)
- Accommodation Nearby: You can consult our page dedicated to available accommodation for New Year's Eve as it will be much more comfortable to organize your schedules, to organize dinner, buy drinks and store them comfortably in the fridge, among other endless advantages!
What to do on New Year’s Eve 2018? This is the question all over the world for friends and couples, from now until 31 December. This year, however, we can give you the answer!
Don’t wait until the last minute to decide what to do on New Year’s Eve 2018 and plan a trip to Barcelona. It is one of the main tourist destinations in the world where there are many different alternatives for welcoming the new year, for all tastes and budgets.
If you don’t believe it, take a look at the following ideas.
The Plazas of Barcelona
The most typical and “cheap” idea is surely to spend the last night of the year in the two plazas of the city that fill up with people and fireworks.
- Plaça Catalunya. Here you will mainly find tourists and foreigners that live in Barcelona for work or studies. This plaza is the main metro stop in the city, right in the centre.
- Plaza España. Here you will find the big end of the year party, with the Magic Fountain show, fireworks and the classic tradition of the campanadas. The stop is “Espanya” (green line L3 or red L1).
We recommend Plaza España, it is less central but its firework shows are really impressive. It is best to arrive early as there are always lots of people.
Dinner in a restaurant or apartment
Traditionally, people choose to eat at home with family or friends and if you come to Barcelona on holiday, you can reserve accommodation in one of our New Year's Eve apartments and feel at home.
Another alternative is to pick a good restaurant and spend the last day of 2017 enjoying good food with family or as a couple.
There is a great offer of prize-winning restaurants in the city. Not only Catalan food, but also international that will not disappoint.
To see some of our suggestions about some of the most recommended apartments to eat in at the end of the year, consult this article:
- What is there to do during New Year's Eve in Barcelona Welcome 2016 in the best way possible with these New Year suggestions!
Surely going to bars and clubs is one of the most well-known alternatives for young people.
At the end of the year the clubs in the city has special prices (more expensive). There are local clubs that organise parties with well-known DJ’s and the tickets range from €20 to €80 with almost all having some drink included.Clubs to note are Apolo, Razzmatazz, Poble Espanyol. If you want to know the best clubs in Barcelona you can consult this article:
- Top 5 Most Popular Nightclubs in Barcelona Discover the top 5 nightclubs in Barcelona where you can enjoy a great party environment
Barcelona is a city full of life, parties, fun and laughs that fill the streets all year. If you are not convinced by the most common options, here are three good alternative plans:
- Playa de la Barceloneta: Wait for the new year with a glass of cava with the sound of the sea at the beach. Its the perfect idea for the end of the year with friends, family or a couple. If you prefer to choose somewhere local near the beach, Shoko, Opium Mar, Sotavento, Passerella, Catwalk and Carpe Diem are some of the best.
- Flamenco show: If you are looking for something more typical and original for New Year 2018, you can’t miss the bars in Barcelona that offer dinner or drinks with a flamenco show included. We think the best option is Tablao de Carmen.
- Jazz music: If you are passionate about music, but not about clubs, we advice that on 31 December you go to a local jazz place. Luz de Gas, Jamboree and Harlem are the most popular.
Don’t forget the bunch of grapes and cava to toast the New Year 2018!
Video of New Year's Eve at Plaza España
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
5 | | 98m² Monthly rental with balcony and free internet in Monjuic