Barcelona's Manga Convention
Enjoy the huge convention dedicated to comics and Japanese culture this month. You can expect expositions, competitions, food and much more. Discover your inner kawaii and have a great time surrounded by characters from your favorite series.
- Barcelona Manga Convention 2018 Nov 01 - Nov 04 The most important conventions in Spain for fans of Japanese comics and animation is back.
Smart City Expo World Congress
Discover intelligent cities of the future at Smart City Expo World Congress. More than 400 influential and innovative people meet at the event from all around the world ready to share their knowledge, take part in debates about the challenges faced by cities and to encourage innovative ideas to develop cities in a sustainable and intelligent way.
- Smart City Expo World Congress 2018 Nov 13 - Nov 15 This event brings together like-minded people to inspire, debate and learn how urban cities can become more su...
Barcelona Games World
Barcelona Games World is one international videogqmes expowhich is held every year at the Fira de Montjuïc. There are exhibitions and brands with more than 1,000 terminals in which you will see more than 70 launches of recent and future games
- Barcelona Games World Nov 29 - Dec 02 Barcelona World Games is back for another edition of its video games expo, the biggest in Spain.
Fair of Santa Llúcia
The oldest Christmas market in Barcelona awaits you in front of the cathedral from 24 November. During the whole month you can get to know the traditions and unique characters of the Catalan culture, such as the Caga Tío or the Caganer and perhaps find some Christmas decorations.
- Fair of Santa Llúcia Nov 24 - Dec 23 Do not miss the most magical Christmas market in Barcelona
Music and concerts
Voll-Damm Barcelona Jazz Festival
If you are looking for live music, Barcelona will not disappoint! If you like Jazz, don’t miss the 49th Voll-Damm Barcelona Jazz Festival. Ambrose Akinmusire, Alfonso de Vilallonga, Antonio Carmona, James Rhodes, Eliane Elías are among the big names at this edition.
- Voll-Damm Barcelona Jazz Festival Oct 26 - Dec 21 One of the biggest Jazz festivals in the world.
Parties and other activities
Fiesta Mayor of Sant Martí
Participate in the neighbourhood party of Sant Martí, which combines local folklore with Catalan traditions, such as the giants parade or the popular paella, admire the Castellers and move to the rhythm of the Haberna. And don’t miss the photography contest!
- Festa Major Sant Martí 2018 Nov 05 - Nov 18 Celebrate with the locals in a typical Barcelona neighbourhood. Discover the famous Castellers, the march of t...
Other autumn activities
Discover all the alternative activities that you can do in Barcelona in autumn. Don’t miss the opportunity to stroll through some of the most fascinating parks in the city, or visit some of the best museums in the world, perhaps eating some seasonal products at different markets. Finally, discover thrilling tours on the night of Halloween!
- 8 Activities for Autumn and Winter in Barcelona 8 fun activities for autumn and winter in Barcelona
Climate in November: The temperature
Different to many European cities, Barcelona still enjoys a mild climate in November. Temperatures tend to fall compared to October, but generally they don’t get to close to 0ºC, expect during the last days of the month. Although November is the fifth rainiest month of the year in Barcelona, the rainfall, if any, is light and brief. In case you’re wondering what to do if it rains in Barcelona, here is an interesting article about the best activities to do if it rains.
These are the figures for November in Barcelona:
- Average temperature: 13° C (55.4 F)
- Maximum temperature: 22° C (71.6 F)
- Minimum temperature: 6 ° C (42.8 F)
- Sunrise: From 7:23am - 7:57am
- Sunset: From 5:46pm - 5:22pm
If you want more up-to-date information, here is a page with reliable weather information!
Advantages and disadvantages of travelling in November
November is a good month to visit the city of Barcelona, although often we have come to believe that travelling in low season only has disadvantages. Here is our advice about the advantages and disadvantages of travelling in low season in Barcelona.
First of all? Obviously the cheap prices! Plane tickets and accommodation are more affordable for everyone, even just for the weekend. In Barcelona, there are much less tourists in November, which means saving time in different aspects:
- Economically: You can visit one of the most beautiful cities in Spain for a cheaper price
- Excitement: Without nerves created by streets full of tourists, long entry queues to places of interest, etc.
- Gastronomically: Finally you can have something more traditional in the café’s and restaurants, without waiting for a table or finding yourself getting ripped off. Autumn in Barcelona also offers more culinary experiences with more typical products like Panellets, Castañas, Boniatos and the best candied fruit. Also, you won’t be able to resist enjoying a hot chocolate, together with typical Churros. Here we recommend the best places to eat Churros in Barcelona.
Often, the advantages and disadvantages go hand in hand, which is why the main disadvantages of travelling to Barcelona in November are:
- Low temperatures: You won’t be able to comfortably wear your swimsuit on the beach, nor will you be able to swim in the sea at Barceloneta.
- Hours of light: Sunset is earlier in Barcelona in November, so you will have to make the most of the sun!