- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Sant Miquel Beach (Beach)
Central beach, unofficially nudist
If you come to visit the capital of Catalonia, we will help you to find the best apartments for long term in Barcelona. We offer apartments of different types, renovated and well furnished in all areas of Barcelona!
Sant Miquel Beach is found right by two of the most famous beaches in the city; Sant Sebastià and Barceloneta. It was created around 1755 making it one of the oldest in the city along with its neighbours.
It owes its name to its proximity to Sant Miquel del Port Church. It is a very central and lively despite its small size. It is one of the busiest places on the coast of the city, attracting tourists and younger people, it is easily accessible by Metro and bus.
Due to its proximity to Sant Sebastià beach, which was once a famous nudist spot (but not legally recognised as so today), you may come across people who still practice this here.
- Showers and public restrooms
- Lifeguard watchtower
- Public fountains
Take a look at more Barcelona beach photos over on our Barceloneta Pinterest board!
Excursions in Barcelona
To make the most of Barcelona and fill your trip with unforgettable experiences and emotions, we offer you the excursions through the Catalan capital organized by our friends - the GetYourGuide team. Choose your excursion and fall in love with Barcelona:
- Location: Between Barceloneta and Sant Sebastià
- Length: 420 metros - Anchura: 69 metros
- Borders: Barceloneta beach and Sant Sebastià beach.
- How to get there:
- Bus: Lines 10, 14, 16, 17, 36, 39, 40, 45, 51, 57, 59 and 64.
- Metro: Barceloneta or Ciutadella, L4 (Yellow).
- Tram: Ciutadella-Vila Olímpica.
- Accommodation nearby:If you wish to stay near Sant Miquel beach then take a look at these apartments in the Barceloneta neighbourhood!
- All apartments near beaches in Barcelona: aquí