- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Bogatell beach (Beach)
A renovated and safe choice
Bogatell beach, along with Mar Bella and Nova Mar Bella, is one of the beaches that acquired a new quality when the seafront of Barcelona was renovated during the nineties, thanks to the renewal of the seaside due to the 1992 Olympic Games held in Barcelona.
It is approximately 600 meters long and one of the most appreciated beaches by the citizens of the city for its high security. Most of the people who go to the beach of Bogatell are middle-aged with children. The beach is great for families with children and therefore is most of the visitors are middle-aged with children. About 30% are from outside of Barcelona.
This beach is close to the Olympic Port in the Poble Nou neighbourhood and you can easily get there by bike or car. There is a parking place close.
- Drinks and ice-cream kiosks
- Sports areas (volleyball courts and ping-pong tables
- Parasol and deckchair rental
- Showers and public toilets
- Location: Between Nova Icària Beach and Mar Bella Beach
- Length: 640 metres - Width: 39 metres.
- Borders: Nova Icària and Mar Bella.
- How to get there:
- Bus: Lines 6, 36, 41, 92, and 141.
- Metro: Poblenou and Llacuna, L4 (Yellow).
- Accommodation in the neighbourhood: If you want to save on transport, then stay near the beach and visit everyday by booking one of these apartments in the area.
- Accommodation by other beaches: Here.