- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Nova Icària (Beach)
The beach in the middle of Barcelona's coastline
If you come to visit the capital of Catalonia, we will help you to find the best apartment in Barcelona. We offer apartments of different types, renovated and well furnished in all areas of Barcelona!
Nova Icària Beach is located in the centre of the coast of the city. It has around 400 metres of length and a large percent of its visitors are usually from outside of Barcelona or are tourists.
Nova Icària is considered to be one of the most calm beaches of the city. It's most likely for this reason that it's also the beach where people spend the most time per visit. You'll find a lot of families with children because the beach was made with families in mind. In fact, the beach is included in out list of 5 family activities in Barcelona. Many of the people who come to this beach arrive by foot.
It is a beach with a large range of equipment designed for various activities. There is a playgroundand aping-pong table near the breakwater of Bogatell, there are also two volleyball courts close to Puerto Olímpico.
The beach also has an area for people with disabilities. There is a service to help those with reduced mobility in and out of the water, with an amphibious chair if necessary . This area also has walkways to the water, an adapted changing room, and a shower with chair. There are also volunteers during July, August, and the first week of September, that help those inside the water to enjoy the sea.
- Adapted zone (walkway, changing rooms, showers, crane)
- Assisted swimming (daily, July - September; weekend in June and the second fortnight of September)
- Drinks and ice-cream koisks.
- Sports zone (volleyball courts)
- Parasol and deck-chair rental
- Showers and public restrooms
Take a look at more photos taken on Nova Icària on our Pinterest Board!
Excursions in Barcelona
To make the most of Barcelona and fill your trip with unforgettable experiences and emotions, we offer you the excursions through the Catalan capital organized by our friends - the GetYourGuide team. Choose your excursion and fall in love with Barcelona:
- Location: Next to Port Olimpic
- Length: 400 metres - Width: 63 metres
- Borders: Port Olimpic and Bogatell Beach
- How to get there:
- Bus: Lines 6, 36, 41, 92, and 141.
- Metro: Ciutadella or Bogatell L4 (Yellow).
- Tram: Ciutadella-Vila Olímpica.
- Accommodation in the neighbourhood: If you want to stay close to this beach, look no further than these places in the Sant Martí neighbourhood
- Accommodation near other beaches: here.