The majority of the most visited attractions in Barcelona, can be found in the city centre and its surroundings, for example, the Gothic Quarter. However, in Barcelona there are many unique areas and points of interest to discover, one of these is the district of Gràcia.
This neighborhood is one of the hidden secrets of Barcelona: a place unfrequented by tourists, but with a lot to offer for those who delve into it. There are many reasons why it's worth a visit, here are some of them.
If you come to visit Barcelona, we advise you to stay in an apartment in the Gracia neighborhood. In this way, you will be close to everything, save and gain comfort.
- It is a typical representation of the Barcelona lifestyle, mostly residential with many streets and corners where you can discover the typical neighborhood goings-on and its people...
- Lovers of culture and in particular the performing arts, cannot miss a visit to this neighborhood, full of theatres where you can enjoy the best of the artists in the city.
- Despite being a quiet place, it is also a modern neighborhood with a great nightlife. In it you will find lots of bars and entertainment venues. At night, the neighborhood develops a festive and youthful atmosphere.
Excursions in Barcelona
To make the most of Barcelona and fill your trip with unforgettable experiences and emotions, we offer you the excursions through the Catalan capital organized by our friends - the GetYourGuide team. Choose your excursion and fall in love with Barcelona:
- In Gracia you will find shops of all kinds, especially fashion. Shoppers will in particular want to take a trip down Gran de Gracia. The numerous boutiques are ideal for a day of shopping, making it an interesting option to avoid the crowds of the city centre and discover more personal and unique shops.
- This neighborhood has a cosmopolitan atmosphere, with many ethnic restaurants. If you want to taste the flavors of the world, come to Gracia and you can sample dishes from all continents. There are some great Middle Eastern cuisines, such as Lebanese or Egyptian, but also more typical and traditional Catalan food. Take a look at our article on Authentic Catalan Tapas in Barcelona, two of the restaurants are in Grácia!
- The Fiesta Mayor de Gracia, held in August, is one of the most fun and unique celebrations of the city. Neighbors work together to decorate their streets with colorful themes that they make and then compete for the most beautiful and complex decoration. Community, joy, respect for the environment, are all deeply rooted values that make this festival need to be seen to be believed.
- For lovers of architecture by Gaudi, Gracia also has something for you. Not only is it home to the world famous Park Güell, but you'll also discover Casa Vicens and Torre Bellesguard.
- It's worth discovering the community squares, such as the Plaça de la Vila de Gràcia and the Plaza de la Vicereine. Sit for a drink to enjoy the weather while you take in the typical architecture, churches, and culture. You can read more about the squares of Gracia here.
- It's a neighborhood worth seeing for its curious blend of old and new, tradition and avant-garde art. A neighborhood with an older population, but also very popular with young people, especially those in university. This fusion makes it a unique neighborhood with a very uniquecharacter.
- Gracia is very well connected with the city centre via Metro, bus and rail, so there is no excuse to not pass through this unusual neighborhood and enjoy its streets, locales, and the personality of its people.
The atmosphere of this neighborhood is cozy and relaxed, yet fun and interesting, above all, it's very authentic. Therefore, it is worth staying in Gracia when you visit Barcelona. Wander through the streets of this neighborhood and fall in love with the city. Do you have another favourite district? Have you visited the district of Gracia yourself? Leave a comment and share your experience.