- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Palau de la Música (Building / Construction)
If you come to visit the capital of Catalonia, we will help you to find the best apartments for long term in Barcelona. We offer apartments of different types, renovated and well furnished in all areas of Barcelona!
The Palau de la Música Catalana is considered to be one of the main exponents of the Catalan Modernisme style. It received World Heritage Status from UNESCO in 1997.
The Palau de la Música Catalana was built between 1905-1908 by the architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner as the headquarters of Orfeó Català (the Choir of Catalonia).
Palau de la Música has six emblematic spaces:
- The concert hall where you will find the organ on the stage and a central skylight that represents the sun. The room is filled with natural light
- Petit Palau (small palace) for chamber concerts and smaller concerts.
- The rehearsal room of Orfeó Català is an intimate space for small concerts, conferences, presentations, and also where the Orfeó Català Choir practices.
- Lluís Millet hall - A large lounge and meeting are dedicated to the conductor Millet, founder of the Orfeó Català.
- The Foyer of the Palau
- The Plaza of the Palau
Excursions in Barcelona
To make the most of Barcelona and fill your trip with unforgettable experiences and emotions, we offer you the excursions through the Catalan capital organized by our friends - the GetYourGuide team. Choose your excursion and fall in love with Barcelona:
- Where?: C/ Palau de la Música, 4-6
- How to get there?: Metro L1 and L4 (Urquinaona), Bus - Lines: 17, 19, 40, 45 and N8, Trains - Plaza Catalunya
- Opening hours: Everyday from 10:00 to 15:30. During easter week from 10:00 to 18:00. August from 9:00 to 20:00
- Telephone: 93 295 72 00
- Web: Palau de Música