- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Magic Fountain of Montjuic Event
- Where: Plaça de Carles Buïgas, 1 (Metro Espanya - L1 and L3)
- Price: Free
- Accommodation Nearby: Browse our selection of accommodation in Sants.
- Website: Official Magic Fountain Website
This famous fountain is an attraction that should not be missed when visiting Barcelona. This particular fountain is special as it display a wonderful an bewildering show of light, color, and water dancing to music throughout the year. Each show is different so you may even watching it more than once!
How to get to the Magic Fountain
It's easy to get to, located at the foot of Montjuïc, which you can reach via the Espanya Metro station and then walking up Maria Cristina Avenue. This avenue is hard to miss owing to the two large venetian towers that adorn it. You will eventually reach the fountain.
Times and dates to see the Magic Fountain Show
- Winter show times. During this schedule you can watch the show on Friday or Saturday starting every 30 minutes from 7 pm to 8 pm.
- 1 November - 6 January
- Closed (7 January - 18 February)
- 19 February - 31 March
- Spring and Autumn show times. During this schedule you can watch the show on Friday or Saturday starting every 30 minutes from 9 pm to 10 pm.
- 1 April - 28 May
- 1 September - 31 October
- Summer show times. During this schedule you can watch the show on Thursday to Sunday starting every 30 minutes from 9:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
- 1 June - 31 August
You can see opinions of the show on Tripadvisor. Many of the negative ratings have been from people who missed the show so make sure the show is scheduled when you visit to avoid disappointment! It's ranked as the 2nd best concert and show in Barcelona.
Some comments include:
“WOW!” / “My favourite place in Barcelona” / “GREAT free attraction” / “Not to be missed!” / “Incredible and free!” / “Fab fountain” / “Fabulous” / “So beautiful, lovely atmosphere” / “One of the most exciting sights of Barcelona” / “A must see” / “Beautiful fountain in Plaza Espanya!” / “One of the BEST FREE ATTRACTIONS in Barcelona”
For more information take a look here at our article.
Video of the Magic Fountain
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
2 | | 58m² Monthly rental with air conditioning and free internet close to Montjuïc