Cheap accommodation in Barcelona residential areas
Millions of travelers face the same dilemma every year when looking for cheap Barcelona accommodation... and that's where to stay in Barcelona?
Most tourists never even think about staying in apartments, which can be a costly mistake! You can afford an exclusive and fully equipped rental with all the modern conveniences you have at home and they are often a more cheaper form of accommodation than a standard hotel room
We offer low-cost places to stay in Barcelona which suit almost every budget and taste. With our lowest price guarantee you can get good quality cheap Barcelona accommodation and stay from only €18 per person per night! Prices depend on the season and the number of people booking the accommodation. You can also take the advantage of self-catering because all our cheap accommodation in Barcelona are equipped with a modern kitchen.
All the apartments have bed linen, towels, and utilities (water, electricity, gas) included in the price.
So returning to the question about where to stay in Barcelona? There are three great areas for self catering accommodation in Barcelona:
- Barceloneta is one of the most popular neighborhoods for tourists who are looking for cheap Barcelona accommodation. It is located right at the beach and has its very own unique maritime charm. The best paellas and seafood are served in the restaurants of this area. It's also only just a short walk to get to the places of historical interest such as the Cathedral, Rambla, and the Picasso Museum.
- Barrio Gótico is the oldest part of Barcelona. It is located on the left side of the famous Rambla boulevard (looking in the sea direction). Barrio Gótico boasts the most important collection of historical buildings and monuments in Barcelona. Have a walk along the narrow streets during the day and they will lead you to the remains of the Roman city, the Cathedral, and Plaza Real.
- Raval has recently become one of the favorite touristic neighborhoods to stay in Barcelona. It is an area that is constantly changing and developing culturally. Raval is located on the right side of the Rambla boulevard (looking in the sea direction) and features Gaudi's Palau Güell and the Museum of Modern Art of Barcelona (MACBA). There are also a wide variety of shops so you can find almost any type of item at a great price.
All these neighborhoods are situated in the city center, close to the Rambla, the Cathedral, and the sea. Staying there you will have the best opportunities to visit the most important sites and monuments and enjoy the city. However, the self catering accommodations in Barcelona you find there may cost a bit more than in other parts of the city. Also make sure to have a look at our other website if you'd like to book accommodation in Madrid.
If you are looking for cheap accommodation in Barcelona, here are some things you should note.
Areas surrounding the center of Barcelona are:
- Sant Martí is where most of the city’s beaches are situated, as well as the Puerto Olímpico, the Villa Olímpica (1992 Olympic Games), and the Forum (Forum of Cultures 2004). Sant Martí was one the most important industrial areas of nineteenth century Spain, but over the last decade it has seen great urban and economic change. See our list of accommodation in Sant Martí
- Sants-les Corts is a well-connected area featuring the Pedralbes Monastery, the FC Barcelona Football Museum, and the famous Camp Nou stadium. It is the area of the city most closely linked to the airport. See our list of self catering accommodation in Sants
- Gracia-Sant Gervasi is a relaxed, attractive, and well-connected area where you can visit one of the most charming places in Barcelona; Park Güell. Being one of Gaudi’s most impressive projects, the park has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site and gives wonderful views over the city. See our list of where to stay in Gracia
- Horta-Sant Andreu is an area with a wide variety of urban spaces which include narrow pedestrian streets in the old area of Horta, nineteenth century country houses, hills with excellent views over the city, and the Parque del Laberinto with its romantic gardens and the maze made of trimmed cypress trees. See list cheap non-central accommodation in Horta
Enjoy your cheap Barcelona accommodation!
What do our clients say?
1154 reviews on listed apartments
I chose OK apartment, because of the nice apartments, at good prices. The service was very good, and my contact person, very helpful. On arrival, Adreana gave me tips on good, local places to visit, answered emails regarding the booking straight away, and met me on time for check in, and check out.
It seemed the most organised, most clean and friendly
Easy to find om internet
I chose this service because it allowed me to pay a small deposit in advance and pay the rest of the money when I got to my destination. I loved this because it allowed me to book a place in advance and not spend all my money at once.
Everything worked as expected, so no complaints or recommendations for improvement. I chose OK Apartments because it had the apartment I wanted.