Ladies, metrosexuals, who doesn’t love a spot of pampering? We’ve rounded up a selection of our favourite Barcelona spas where you can engage in some serious me-time. Undress and be impressed in luxurious surroundings. Some of the spas listed are independent whilst others are attached to hotels. However, all are open to non-guests. So go on, treat yourself to some time away from the hustle and bustle of 21st-century living. Batteries; meet your rechargers.
1. Aire de Barcelona
In gentrified El Born, you’ll find these lovingly-restored Arab Baths. There's no danger of air pollution here, what with the lingering floral scent that has more than a hint of spice. Here you can take a trip to North Africa without ever leaving Catalonia.
- Address: Paseo Picasso 22
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 to 0:00 and 0:00 to 02:00 on Fridays, Saturdays, and public holidays
2. The Six Senses Spa
Close to the Port Olympic, this spa boasts stunning views over the Mediterranean. Thanks to its location, on the 42nd and 43rd floors of the Hotel Arts Barcelona, you can get away from it all. Without having to leave behind the big city. One of the unique activities they offer is offer a chocolate-based massage.
- Address: Carrer de la Marina 19-21
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9:30 to 21:00
The central five-star Hotel Omm houses a suitably stellar spa. It's all about clean lines and open spaces. The indoor pool has views of the hotel garden and natural light filters into cabins to prevent any feeling of claustrophobia.
- Address: Carrer Rosselló 265
- Opening Hours: Mon to Sat from 10:00 to 21:30 and Sun from 10:00 to 18:00
4. Rituals d'Orient
All aboard the Orient express. Take a Hammam circuit to discover the traditions of cleansing your pores oriental style. Authentic, right down to the marble benches.
- Address: Carrer de Loreto 50
- Opening Hours: Sun, Tue and Wed from 11:00 to 21:00 and Thu to Sat 11:00 to 22:00
5. Spazio Wellness
There's certainly plenty of space at this wellness centre located on the ground floor of the Hotel SB Diagonal Zero. 7,500 square feet allows you to take pleasure in your leisure. A great place to kickstart Operation Body Beautiful.
- Address: Plaça Levant 10
- Opening Hours: Mon to Sat from 10:00-21:00 and Sun from 10.00-20:00
6. Acquaplaya Hotel Senator
Life's a beach at this hotel spa, less than 10 minutes' walk from the Camp Nou. Dip in and out of fruit and pebble pools. Acquaplaya is adults only, apart from a 90-minute window between 10:00 and 11:30 when you can bring your kids along.
- Address: Carrer de Cardenal Reig 11
- Opening Hours: Tue to Sun from 10:00 to 14:00 and 17:00 to 20:30
7. Silom Spa
Another of Barcelona's oriental spas, this one really is to Thai for. All of the therapists employed here have undergone specialized training, certified by Bangkok's famous Wat Pho Temple. Just lay back and think of Thailand in Eixample.
- Address: Carrer de Valencia 304
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:30 to 21:30
So the next time you come to Barcelona, step out from the crowds and delve into a world of relaxation at one of these spas. There's no really no excuse now! If we've missed a spa that you think deserves a mention or if you've experienced the soothing atmosphere of one of the places listed then drop us a comment and tell us about it!