- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Cinema Lliure 2016 - Barcelona's Open air beach cinema
Barcelona (Ciutat Vella)
The ideal night out during the summer
For another year, Barcelona sets up its open air beach movies event during the summer nights. It features independent films, which are screened on for free on Sant Sebastia Beach (next to the Barceloneta) every Thursday and Sunday at 9PM from 30 Juny to 7 August.
But not only that! Cinema Lliure is also a place where you can discuss and comment in addition to enjoying not only a film, but also music and short films screened before the full-length films.
Programme for 2016
The movies to be projected include:
- The Salvation
- Barcelona Nit D’hivern (Barcelona Winter Night)
- Love at First Fight
- Al Sostre Del Món (The Roof of the World)
- The Lobster
- Rumba 3: De Ida y Vuelta,
- El Camí Més Llarg Per Tornar a Casa (The Long Way Home)
- Me & Earl & The Dying Girl
- El Ruiseñor y La Noche: Chavela Vargas Canta a Lorca (The Nightingale and the Night: Chavela Vargas sings to Lorca)
- Audience choice
For the exact dates you can consult the official programme for Cinema Lluire 2016
A video of Cinema Lluire
- When: 30 Juny - 7 August
- Where: Sant Sebastià Beach (by Barceloneta) | Metro: Barceloneta - L4 (Yellow Line) | Bus: H16, V21, and 39
- Price: Free
- Website: Cinema Lliure Official Website (Catalan; Programme available in English and Spanish).
- Accommodation Nearby: Spend your summer nights on one of these beach apartments in Barceloneta
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
2 | | 35m² Monthly rental next to the beach with balcony and air conditioning