- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Spain's 'Second Christmas': Three Kings Parade 2016
The Three Wise Men arrive in Barcelona!
Have you been well-behaved this year? Yes? Well if that's so then you better get to the streets of Barcelona on the 5th January and make yourself known to the Three Wise Men who are visiting the city bearing gifts as part of their annual parade. This celebration signifies the end of the Christmas holidays in Barcelona and Spain.
The Three Wise men will be accompanied by a trail of parade floats, royal pages, who collect letters from the children and deliver them to the kings; musicians, dancers, and of course, sweets and candy for all the children who await in anticipation around Barcelona's city centre!
The parade is long and covers several of Barcelona's main avenues. Below you will find the best places in the city to watch the kings pass by:
Route of the Three Kings Parade in Barcelona
- 17:00 - Arrival of the kings at Moll de la Fusta, Port Vell; where they will be officially greeted and thanked for their time by the Mayor of Barcelona.
- 18:30 - The parade begins at Avenida del Marquès de l'Argentera and will pass through the following streets:
- 19:15 - Via Laietana
- 19:35 - Pl. Urquinaona and Calle Fontanella
- 19:45 - Plaça de Catalunya and Calle Pelayo
- 20:00 - Plaça de la Universitat
- 20:30 - Carrer Sepúlveda
- 20:45 - Avinguda del Paral·lel
- 21:00 - Arrival at Plaça d'Espanya via Av. Rius y Taulet. The final part of the queues usually reach this part around 22:00
If you can't make it to the parade or you don't like large crowds of people, then you can always watch it on the regional channel - TV3. Whatever you do though, don't miss out on this, one of the most magical events during Christmas in Barcelona.
Take a look at the parade from last year!
- When: 5 January around 18:30
- Where: Avinguda del Marquès de l'Argentera - Avinguda Maria Cristina
- Price: Free
- Accommodation Nearby: Would you like to see the Three Kings Parade comfortably from your own balcony? You can search for an apartment on one of the aforementioned routes with our list of apartments in Barcelona's city centre.
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Participate. Share. Win.
Apartments in Barcelona
4 | | 60m² Quiet apartment with private terrace and air conditioning in Plaza España