- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
The Mercè Run (Cursa de la Mercè) 2019
- When: 29 September
- Where: Av. Reina Maria Cristina, Plaça d'Espanya | Metro L1 and L3 - Espanya
- Price: €5
- Accommodation Nearby: Stay prepared for the race and find your accommodation close to the start of the run
- Website: Cursa de la Mercè - Web (Spanish)
Take part in the Cursa de la Mercè and raise some money on 29 September
The Mercè Race is one of the most popular runs in the city of Barcelona and forms a part of the Mercè celebrations. It attracts around 15,000 runners each year who all aim to complete all 10km of the race. It is a charity event as the organizer works with various non-profit organizations including UNICEF, in addition to fully allocating the profits from registration fees into research organizations of various illnesses.
On this occasion, the run reaches 40 editions, and does so during the 27th anniversary of the Barcelona Olympic Games. That's why for the organization of the race, it has been decided to pay homage to the Olympics with t-shirts including motifs of the 1992 event and many other surprises that will be discovered as the day arrives.
The starting pistol fires at 9AM on 29 September at the Avenida de la Reina Maria Cristina. The maximum time to complete the 10 kilometres is 1 hour and 45 minutes. At the 5th kilometre, there will be a refreshment point, to replenish forces for whoever needs it. The finish line is the same at the starting point.
The inscription costs €5 and goes to charitable causes. You can register directly online following this link.
The 10K route
- Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina
- Plaça d'Espanya
- Avinguda del Paral·lel
- Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes
- Passeig Sant Joan
- Passeig Lluís Companys
- Buenaventura Muñoz
- Roger de Flor
- Passeig Lluís Companys (central road, Arc de Triomf)
- Ronda Sant Pere
- Ronda Universitat
- Plaza Universitat
- Ronda Sant Antoni
- Avinguda del Paral·lel - Plaça d'Espanya, finishing at Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina.
A look at last year's edition
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
3 | | 50m² Monthly rental with air conditioning and free internet next to Montjuïc