1) DUET FIT
There are 3 Duet Fit "Clubs Esportiu" or "sports centre" in Barcelona: Bruc and Universitat in Eixample, and Via Augusta in Gracia - all in found in the Zona Alta of the city. In their fitness centres they offer weights and cardio for all levels, as well as courses offered by professionals (zumba, pilates, crunches...) and new services are showcased through their website. They also have a space with refrigerator, microwave, tables and chairs to eat quietly. Payment here can be made in cash.
- Price (Bruc Centre and Unversitat centre)
- Per day: €8
- Per month: €26.90 + €25 registration fee
- Per year: €262.80 (€21.90/month) + € 12.50 registration fee (they sometimes have offers removing registration fee on annual memberships)
- Price (Via Augusta centre)
- Per day: €8
- Per month: €30.90 + €25 registration fee
- Per month Premium (access all centres): €30.90 + €30 registration fee
- Per year: €322.80 (€21.90/month) + € 12.50 registration fee (they sometimes have offers removing registration fee on annual memberships)
- Monday - Thursday: 6:30am - 10:30pm
- Friday: 6:30am - 9:30pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Domingo: 9:00am - 3:00pm
This gym club can be found on Carrer Mallorca 318 in Eixample near the Verdaguer Metro station (Line 4 & 5). There are more than 200 machines here, daily courses that are supervised by professionals, and the option of hiring a personal trainer or follow a weight management programme with a dietician. The gym closes at 10:30pm and is not open during evenings on weekends. It's better to sign up at the start of the month, otherwise you lose the days that have already passed in said month.
- Per month: €26.50 + €36.18 registration fee
- Per quarter: €72.24 (€24.08/month) + €24.08 registration fee
- Per year: €288.95 (€24.08/month)
- Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 7:30pm
- Domingo: 9:00am - 2:30pm
Probably the most famous Club Esportiu in Barcelona and has a total of 17 gyms around all areas of the city. Each one has gym machines, swimming pools, sauna, and spa. They also offer daily fitness activities like the other gyms. Apart from the very complete offering of equipment and services they have extras like diet management, physiotherapy, restaurant access, personal trainers, and more. Note, DIR are not wholly open with their prices, they change depending on the whim of the gym and your age, so always check beforehand.
- Per month: FROM €20.90/month. Our searches returned prices of around €29.23 including inscription fees.
- Depends on on specific gym, check with your gym. Roughly Monday - Friday 7:00am - 10:30pm
- Depends on on specific gym, check with your gym. Roughly Saturday 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Depends on on specific gym, check with your gym. Roughly Sunday 9:00am - 2:30pm
Do not forget that there are other ways to stay in shape for free in Barcelona outside of fitness centres. The beach is a place frequented by runners who dare to jog up Montjuic. The city also has many small outdoor municipal sports and fitness facilities, especially at the beach. You can also visit a swimming pool, you could even join a swimming club. Another idea; groups can be found on Facebook and Meetup to organize a spot of group sports.