- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
The Mercè Race (Cursa de la Mercè) 2016
One your marks, get set... Raise some money!
The Mercè Race is one of the most popular runs in the city of Barcelona and forms a part of the Mercè celebrations. it attracts more than 17,000 runners each year who all aim to complete all 10km of the journey. It is a charitable event as the organizer works with various non-profit organizations including UNICEF, in addition to fully allocating the profits from registration fees into research organizations of various illnesses.
Anyone interested can register online or at the booths around various points in Barcelona until they close on 4th September or 18,000 runners are registered
Furthermore, the Mercè celebrations also include a 2km run for athletes with physical disabilities.
The 10K route
- Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina
- Plaza Espanya
- Avinguda del Paral·lel
- Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes
- Passeig Sant Joan
- Passeig Lluís Companys
- Buenaventura Muñoz
- Roger de Flor
- Passeig Lluís Companys (central road, Arco de Triunfo)
- Ronda Sant Pere
- Ronda Universitat
- Plaza Universitat
- Ronda Sant Antoni
- Avinguda del Paral·lel - Plaça d'Espanya, finishing at Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina.
A look at last year's edition
- When: 18th September
- Where: Av. Reina Maria Cristina, Pl. Espanya | Metro L1 y L3 - Plaza España
- Price: 5€-8€
- Website: Cursa de la Mercè - Web (Spanish)
- Accommodation Nearby: Stay prepared for the race and find your accommodation close to the start of the run
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
3 | | 50m² Monthly rental with air conditioning and free internet next to Montjuïc