- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
The Largest Sporting Event of the City Returns!
With the slogan "Barcelona at your feet", the Zurich Barcelona Marathon 2016 will fire the pistol and commence the race on the 13th March 2016.
Barcelona, the Olympic city of 1992, is home to an international and well-respected marathon that is at the height of its tradition as a sporting city. In the 2014 and 2015 editions, with almost 20,000 runners, it maintains its position as the fourth largest marathon in Europe, surpassed only by the stratospheric figures of the marathons in Berlin, Paris, and of course, London.
This has largely been thanks to a brilliant organization and a change in direction over the past few years, which shifted the marathon route to pass by various landmarks and tourist attractions. Along the way runners will find the Sagrada Familia and will trudge along Las Ramblas, with wonderful sensation of having Barcelona's scenery pass by with every new step.
During the run there will be crowds cheering on the participants with various special points around the city offering music and support. The Marathon Fair is one of the most important in Trail , Triathlon and running in Europe.
So put on your racing shoes because Barcelona is waiting for you!.
Summary of the past edition
- When: 13 March 2015
- Where: Starting and finishing point at Avenida María Cristina
- Price: Price of numbered bib (processed and guaranteed by Running Travel): €61.50, for the first 10,000 , €73.00 from 10,001 to 17,000, and €84.00 from then on.
- Buy Tickets: Enlist here (Spanish)
- Website: Official website
- Accommodation Nearby: If you're participating or cheering someone on, stay close to the start and finish in one of these apartments close to the marathon.