- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Open Air Cinema at Montjuïc
The Best of Cinema; Outdoors in Barcelona
The Cinema a la Fresca de Sala Montjuïc (which basically means "Open-air Cinema at Montjuïc") celebrates its latest edition by once again screening the best films that have been recently released in their original language with subtitles in Spanish... So it's a great way to enjoy cinema and learn Spanish at the same time!
For three nights of the week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) for five weeks in the summer, the gardens of Montjuïc Castle become an outdoor cinema where films of all kinds will be screened, plus short films and live concerts before starting the film.
You only need to bring something to sit down (like a blanket or folding chair), otherwise you can rent a seat there. Don't forget to bring some snacks too, though you can also buy those on site. It's recommended to get there at 20:30 or before, so that you can get a good spot.
Amy, Truman, Nightcrawler, Thelma & Loiuse, Whiplas, Pride, Interstellar, The Circus, Birdman, Inside Out, Mommy, Casablanca, The Wolf of Wall Street, Mandarinas, The Silence of the Lambs, and... A surprise film! What will it be? You can see the all the information about the 2016 programme here
- When: 3 July - 7 August 2016. Opens each day at 20:30, with the first movie screened at 22:00.
- Where: Carretera de Montjuïc, 66 - Get there via Metro line L1 or L3, exiting at Espanya. There is a free bus service that will take you to to event from here.
- Price: Standard ticket: €6 | Masterclass ticket: €10 | Ticket + Tour of castle: €10 | Renting a chair: €3. Five tickets - €20
- Buy Tickets: Buy your ticket here
- Website: Sala Montjuïc Official Website
- Accommodation Nearby: Find an apartment close to Montjuïc here so you won't miss a film!
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
5 | | 98m² Monthly rental with balcony and free internet in Monjuic