- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
DocsBarcelona - 20th Edition
- When: 18 - 28 May 2017
- Where: Cinemas and locales around Barcelona
- Accommodation Nearby: Stay in the city centre to make the most of the festival
- Website: DocsBarcelona Website
The International Documentary Film Festival
In this film festival, a selection of the best projects from international documentary scene this year are projected. The best documentary and best director will be awarded at the festival.
The first films announced for this edition are:
- Amazona (2016) by Clare Weiskopf
- La Chana (2016) by Lucija Stojevic
- All Governments Lie (2016) by Alfred Peabody
- La llave Dalí (2016) by David Fernandez
- Rebels on Pointe (2016) by Bobbi Jo Hart
- Let there Be Light (2016) by Mila Aung-Thwin y Van Royko
Film screenings take place at cinemas all around Barcelona.
There are multiple activities like:
1. Master Classes. People involved and featured in the documentaries talk about their experiences and respond to questions of spectators.
2. Doc-U. A space dedicated to film students in Catalan schools.
3. Docs&Teens. This section is intended for teenagers to discover the near and distant realities of the world.
4. Doc&Wines. The festival provides a unique experience, which had great success last year — a combination of documentaries and wine. The sommelier Astrid Goldstein will test participants who are formed in pairs. After seeing five extracts from 5 different films of the festival, each group will have to associate each film with a wine.
5. Speed Meeting. This networking space allows producers to promote and seek funding for their project among professionals.
6. InterDocsBarcelona.A professional space to understand, create, fund, and view documentaries; with two different activities:
- InterDocsBarcelona Conference: This conference focuses on the international level, with debates on the process of creating and stories, and the study of important cases. Each year the conference focuses on a specific subject area.
- InterDocsBarcelona Meeting Point: A meeting place for professionals, organized in collaboration with Altair Magazine that takes place in the Altaïr bookshop in Barcelona.
Trailer from one of DocBarcelona's featured documentaries: All Governments Lie
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
6 | | 50m² Monthly rental with air conditioning in Rambla, Barcelona