- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
- When: 23 - 29 May 2016
- Where: Cinemas and locales around Barcelona
- Accommodation Nearby: Stay in the city centre to make the most of the festival
- Website: DocsBarcelona 2016 Website
The International Documentary Film Festival
In this film festival, a selection of the best projects from international documentary scene this year are projected. The best documentary and best director will be awarded at the festival.
The first films announced for this edition are:
- A Syrian Love Story (2015) by Sean McAllister
- Bakur (2015) by Çayan Demirel, Ertuğrul Mavioğlu
- Chechen Family (2015) realizada por Martín Solá
- Freightened – The Real Price Of Shippping (2016) by Denis Delestrac
- Sonita (2015) by Rokhsareh Ghaem Maghami
- The Room Of Bones (2015) by Marcela Zamora
Film screenings take place in cinemas all around Barcelona.
There are also multiple activities like:
1. Master Classes. People involved and featured in the documentaries talk about their experiences and respond to questions of spectators.
2. Doc-U. A space dedicated to film students in Catalan schools. In the last edition, 12 films from different universities were it projected and En el Bar by Itsaso Arizkuren won the Doc-U prize.
3. Docs&Teens. This section is intended for teenagers. To discover the near and distant realities of the world.
4. Doc &Wines. The festival provides a unique experience, which had great success last year. In fact, it is a combination of documentary and wine. The sommelier Astrid Goldstein will test participants who are formed in pairs. After seeing five extracts from 5 different films of the festival, each group will have to associate each film with a wine.
5. Speed Meeting. This networking space allows producers to promote and seek funding for their project among professionals.
6. InterDocsBarcelona.A professional space to understand, create, fund, and view documentaries; with two different activities:
- InterDocsBarcelona Conference: This conference focuses on the international level, with debates on the process of creating and stories, and the study of important cases. Each year the conference focuses on a specific subject area.
- InterDocsBarcelona Meeting Point: A meeting place for professionals, organized in collaboration with Altair Magazine that takes place in the Altaïr bookshop in Barcelona.
Trailer from one of DocBarcelona's featured documentaries: Sonita
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
6 | | 50m² Monthly rental with air conditioning in Rambla, Barcelona