- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Tango Festival Barcelona
- When: 31st December - 3rd January
- Where: Various locales (Hotel Catalonia Plaça Catalunya, Xalet Montjuïc, Hotel Catalonia Berna)
- Price: Prices for classes and performances can be consulted here
- Accommodation Nearby: Find an apartment close to the city centre... And dance!
- Buy Tickets: Get tickets here
- Website: Tango Festival Official Website
Barcelona, the third Tango homeland
Did you know that Barcelona is considered as the third homeland of the Tango? In the 1920s and 30s the Catalan capital was a springboard for artists moving from Buenos Aires to París. Amongst these artists was the amazing Carlos Gardel, who made his first debut outside of South America at the Goya Theatre in Barcelona, 1925.
For this reason it's really no wonder that this fantastic festival takes place for New Year's Eve in Barcelona.
For 4 days you can participate in seminars, classes of all levels with the best teachers, milongas and exhibitions, plus a fabulous New Year's Eve dinner and show at Hotel Catalonia Plaza Catalunya.
You can consult the program of the festival here.
Summary of a past edition
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
6 | | 80m² Central apartment for up to 6 people with free internet next to plaza Urquinaona