Find an apartment in one of Barcelona's central neighbourhoods
- 168 Raval: 168 apartments
- 131 Gótico: 131 apartments
- 107 Born: 107 apartments
- 97 Barceloneta: 97 apartments
- 86 Poble Sec: 86 apartments
- 76 Sant Antoni: 76 apartments
- 272 Eixample Esquerra: 272 apartments
- 325 Eixample Dret: 325 apartments
- 138 Sagrada Familia: 138 apartments
- 27 Poble Nou: 27 apartments
- 14 Vila Olímpica: 14 apartments
Tips for Finding the Best Central Apartments in Barcelona
Holiday flats in the Centre of Barcelona
The offer of holiday flats in the centre is limited because Barcelona City Council have not granted permits for many years. The fact that there is a limited offer makes it difficult to find a good holiday flat at a competitive price. We will give you a couple of tips to help you find the best accommodation in Barcelona city centre.
How to Save Up to 50%
Barcelona has a low season during the winter months from November to January, excluding Christmas and New Year. The same holiday accommodation in the centre of the city can cost almost double during the high season. Travelling to Barcelona in winter is a good idea because the city is less crowded by tourists, the Mediterranean cold is mild and at this time of year, the flights are also cheaper.
Book your Rental in Advance!
The range of apartments available is limited and the first people that book are the ones who get the low-cost, central and nicest accommodation. Booking in advance is especially important during the high season.
Monthly Rentals in the Centre of Barcelona
Those who start looking for a monthly rental in the centre soon ask this question: Is it better to book in advance or come to the city to visit the flats before deciding? Based on our experience, the answer is clear: it will be more practical and economical to book the flat in advance. On our website, the best value for money central apartments are reserved first.
Our monthly rentals have access to a 24hr assistance service included in the price and we guarantee that:
- The photos of the apartments correspond exactly with reality.
- The appliances and supplies work perfectly.
Types of Flats in the Central Neighbourhoods
The apartments located in the historic neighbourhoods in the centre tend to be between 30 m² and 45 m² in size. For this reason, the low-budget monthly apartments are found in the four historic neighbourhoods of the city: the Gothic Quarter, El Borne, El Raval and Barceloneta.
The economic centre of Barcelona is Eixample. This is a large neighbourhood with magnificent Modernist architecture and is home to some of the most prestigious works by Gaudí. Flats here tend to have a square footage of between 45 m² and 120 m². For this reason, the most expensive rentals in the centre tend to be in this district.
Student Flats in Barcelona
The adventure of coming to study or to do an internship in Barcelona is exciting, however the problem of accommodation will arise. The typical solution is to rent a room in a shared flat but a simple bedroom in the centre costs around 400 € per month.
Renting a student apartment with people you already know will allow you to enjoy your stay in Barcelona and save money. It’s economical to rent a whole apartment than to rent separate bedrooms.
Best Neighbourhoods in the Centre of Barcelona
When choosing your apartment, you also need to know that in the centre of the city, there are very distinct areas. We will tell you about the best neighbourhoods to live in the centre based on the opinion of 850 foreigners who live in Barcelona and answered the following question: Which is the best area to live in Barcelona?
A large offer of apartments are available in the four neighbourhoods in this district. The famous Rambla separates two neighbourhoods:
- El Raval with its diverse atmosphere which receives only 2% of the recommendations
- The Gothic Quarter with its historic environment which 5% of the respondents recommended.
- Close to the beaches you will find Barceloneta which is voted for by 5% of the participants.
- The elegant Born is the most recommended of all the neighbourhoods with 9% of the votes.
The Great Eixample
Here is where you will find the most apartments in the centre of the city. There are 4 zones. The two most central are located either side of Calle Balmes and are the most recommended:
- Eixample Dret (right) with 8% of the votes.
- Eixample Esquerre (left) with 8% of the votes again.
- The other two areas are (3) the Sant Antoni neighbourhood with 4% of the recommendations.
- Sagrada Familia with another 4%.