Find an apartment in one of Barcelona's central neighbourhoods
- 153 Raval: 153 apartments
- 137 Gótico: 137 apartments
- 76 Born: 76 apartments
- 77 Barceloneta: 77 apartments
- 82 Poble Sec: 82 apartments
- 71 Sant Antoni: 71 apartments
- 252 Eixample Esquerra: 252 apartments
- 334 Eixample Dret: 334 apartments
- 169 Sagrada Familia: 169 apartments
- 21 Poble Nou: 21 apartments
- 14 Vila Olímpica: 14 apartments
Find an apartment near one of these central attractions
Where to stay in Barcelona's most central neighbourhoods
Barcelona is the destination of choice for many travelers thanks to its wide range of attractions. You can stay near them by choosing one of our apartments in the centre of Barcelona. If you're wondering where to stay or want to always be only a few steps away from an attraction, then we at OK Apartment have a wide choice of great holiday apartments as well as monthly rentals on offer.
The city center is referred to as "Ciutat Vella" or "Old City" and includes:
- The Gothic Quarter: Situated to the right of Las Ramblas and spans from Plaza Catalunya down to the sea. It is home to the most historic buildings, including roman remains, the Cathedral, Plaza Real, and much more. It is the heart of the city in Barcelona.
- Raval: Situated to the left of Las Ramblas, here you'll find Palau Güell by the architect Gaudí, the Museum of Contemporary Art Barcelona (MACBA). It is a multi-cultural hotspot.
- Born: The location of Santa Maria del Mar Cathedral and Montcada Street, as well as some Medieval mansions and the Picasso Museum. It's very central, yet still easy to walk to the beach from here.
- Barceloneta: The old fishermen's quarter of the city, with a beautiful beach and a historic ambiance.
Choosing accommodation in the city centre is the best choice for a short break in Barcelona because you can sightseeing and less time travelling around on public transport. Keep in mind that apartments in the Gothic Quarter are usually in older buildings (though renovated) and smaller in size, making them ideal for couples or small groups.
To the same extent, apartments in Born and Raval are also smaller and don't usually include an elevator, so try to avoid overpacking! In Barceloneta many of the touristic flats can be found very close to the beach, making them perfect for the summer!
Other central places where you can stay in Barcelona include:
- Eixample Dret (right): Central and economic, it's the area where you will find the most famous works from Antoni Gaudí, like 'La Pedrera' and 'Casa Batlló'. In the south of this district is the official city centre; Plaça de Catalunya.
- Eixample Esquerre (left): Another central and economic zone, and a good alternative to staying in Eixample Dret.
- Sant Antoni: A calm neighbourhood with a great selection of flats. It's close to the Raval area and a short walk from Las Ramblas.
- Sagrada Familia: Home to the world famous Sagrada Familia basilica. The least central of the list, but a very well-received choice amongst many visitors.
- Poble Sec: A top neighbourhood that's within walking distance from Montjuïc, the beach, and many attractions in the central areas.
- Villa Olímpica: A newer neighbourhood (circ. 1992) that has its own beach and is right by the city centre.
- Poble Nou: Not as central as Vila Olímpica or Barceloneta, but with beaches that are more peaceful.