- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Barcelona - Sitges International Antique Car Rally
- When: 4 - 5 March
- Where: Starts from Plaza Sant Juame in Barcelona. Get there via Metro station Jaume I (L4)
- Price: Free
- Accommodation Nearby: Find a holiday flat near Plaza Sant Jaume on this page.
- Website: Here (Spanish)
A return of the Classics
The International Antique Car Rally of Sitges has reached its 59th birthday in 2017. Thanks to the initiative from a group of locals from Sitges from the local Sitges Tourist Board, the event was first launched in 1959 and it has been a big hit ever since. This rally is a massive meeting amongst fans of the world of automobiles and vintage cars.
There will be participants from all over Spain and neighbouring countries. The winners of the ceremony won't be those with the fastest cars, but rather the most original automobiles and also the most representative from the period of the motors on show.
Saturday, 4 March 2017, 10 AM to 5 PM
On 4 March you can see a fantastic exposition of classic cars on Avinguda Diagonal around 5 PM
Sunday, 5 March 2017
The big day of the Rally. This is how the route will take place:
- From 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM at Plaça Sant Juame the participants arrive in period costume. You can also enjoy chocolate tasting here.
- At 11 AM the Rally sets off from Plaça Sant Juame and will continue along Carrer Ferran / Las Ramblas / Plaça de Catalunya / Ronda Universidad / Ronda Sant Antoni / Sepúlveda / Paral·lel / Plaça de Espayna / Gran Vía. Then it will exit onto the C - 246 motorway to Sant Boi, Viladecans, Gava, Castelldefels and Costa de Garraf, before arrive at Port Aiguadolç in Sitges.
- At 1 PM you can welcome the Rally as it will begin to arrive in Sitges at Port Aiguadolç.
- At 2 PM it's expected that all the cars will have arrived.
On this day there will be an official dinner with prizes given out at Hotel Dolce Sitges.