- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Expominer Barcelona 2016
Expominer es uno de los eventos más grandes de Europa para adquirir, intercambiar y vender piedras preciosas y semi-preciosas de gran valor, minerales inéditos, meteoritos, fósiles auténticos y gemas de múltiples formas y colores. Además, el certamen también ofrece charlas divulgativas sobre temas de actualidad en el ámbito de la mineralogía y las ciencias de la tierra.
A unique experience that will allow you to discover a the most extensive exhibition of minerals, fossils, meteorites, and gems in southern Europe . Here you can enjoy a day of educational activities, trade stalls, experimental workshops, and many other surprises.
- MineralsWorkshops: This is a space to help children get to know and learn from some of the world's experts in mineralogy, with experiments highlighting some of the most quirky properties of minerals.
- Searching for Gold: This workshop will teach children and teenagers about the world of searching for gold.
- Exhibitions: Expominer hosts over 120 companies who set up stalls to get to know and sell their products, including minerals, fossils, and jewellery.
- Geology photography competition: Here participants compete by sharing in a public exhibit their images of fossils, rocks, minerals and geological formations that will awaken your spirit for nature.
- Mineralogical route through Sierra de Collserola: Ten brief but concise routes get you up close with various minerals from our earth, which you can enjoy with amazing views over Barcelona.
- When: 11 - 13 November 2016
- Where: Fira de Montjuïc. Get there via Metro station Espanya (Line 1).
- Price: Standard entry: €8.50. Special price for JORGC members: €4. School visits: €3/student (Groups of 10 or more). Teachers: free.
- Buy Tickets: Tickets available at the box office at Pavelló 1 on Plaça d'Espanya. A sign will be on the building.
- Website: For more information see the Expominer website
- Accommodation Nearby: To enjoy Barcelona and this event, rent one of our apartments close to Fira de Barcelona.
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Participate. Share. Win.
Apartments in Barcelona
5 | | 98m² Monthly rental with balcony and free internet in Monjuic