- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Winter sales period in Barcelona
- When: 7 January - 7 March 2017
- Where: Barcelona
When are sales on in Barcelona?
The winter sales in Barcelona begin on 7 January, right after the nationally celebrated Three Kings Day, and finish on 7 March. The summer sales come later and start on 2 July. If you're planning on coming to Barcelona during this time you can stay in the city centre in an apartment by Las Ramblas.
During the winter sales, you'll find many stores around Barcelona taking part, from small design boutiques to large department stores. The winter sales last a long time as they run for two months until March.
Spanish brands like Zara and Mango are normally cheaper than in other countries even outside of sales periods, so it's an even better chance to get merchandise at even lower prices during the sales.
Where to go shopping during the winter sales in Barcelona?
In this city there are many places to go shopping. Here are some:
- Passeig de Gracia: This is one of the most famous highstreets in Barcelona. It's the equivalent of Oxford Street in London for instance and includes many high-end brands including Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent, Hermes, Channel, Gucci, Cartier and more.
- Portal del Angel: This pedestrianized street is the most traversed in Barcelona and it's full of clothing stores. It runs between Plaça de Catalunya and Barcelona Cathedral with stores like H&M, Desigual, Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Zara and Bershka.
- Any El Corte Ingles: These are Spain's department stores, similar to John Lewis, Debenhams and House of Fraser.
- Shopping Centres:
- Las Arenas opened in 2012 with more than 116 stores over 3 floors. There's Mango, Calvin Klein, Nespresso, Calzedonia, Claire's Accessories... It boasts a rooftop terrace where you can enjoy panoramic views of Barcelona
- El Maremagnum is well recognised. It's not the largest in Barcelona but it's very central and by the sea. It's the only one that stays open on Sundays and public holidays.
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
10 | | 140m² Central apartment with balcony and 5 bedrooms in Eixample