- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
A monthly outline of all the events in Barcelona
This events page offers a summary of the most important events in Barcelona each month. If you're coming to the city for an event then check our apartments in the city centre close by, so you can get there easily.
The most important events in Barcelona
All year there are recurring events in addition to concerts and new shows. There are many highly anticipated international events and professionals visit to attend the city's trade shows. You can take advantage of your stay and participate in one of them. There is something for all tastes and ages! Here is a list of unmissable events:
Spring - Summer
- Beer Festival: For beer lovers this is the festival, with a fun atmosphere in March.
- Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell : In April, do not miss this tennis tournament.
- Sant Jordi: St George's Day in Barcelona is culture and love, represented by the book and the rose. On April 23, Barcelona is transformed and filled with stalls of booksellers and flowers. It is a very popular celebration.
- Salon del Cómic: Each year in May, comic fans meet famous authors, find limited editions, and enjoy other surprises here.
- Festival Jardins del Palau Real de Pedralbes: In the gardens of Pedralbes from mid-June to mid-July there are numerous concerts, in this truly beautiful setting.
- Primavera Sound: With underground and independent music, you will find the best international artists at Barcelona's Primavera Sound festival in June.
- Sónar: Always in June, this festival of electronic and experimental music known across the globe brings many known artists to Barcelona.
- Festival Grec: Throughout the entire month of July you can enjoy dance, theatre, circus, and other cultural activities in emblematic places across the city.
- Festa Major de Gràcia: In August, neighbours transform Gracia's streets with colorful ornaments and sculptures for a contest for the best street.
Autumn - Winter
The autumn and winter is one of the best times of the year to visit Barcelona if you want to discover the local culture and get to know the real city. The tourist crowds may have left, but that just means you get to enjoy these events so much more! Here is a taste of what you can expect to encounter if you come to Barcelona outside the tourist season.
- La Mercè: This is the official celebration of Barcelona, organised by the City Council in September. You can take the opportunity to see the famous display of human towers called "Castellers".
- Salon Náutico: In October, an exhibition on the world of sailing and water activities, at Port Vell. It's essential for anyone who loves to be around the sea.
- New Year: 31st December in Barcelona means New Year celebrations in the streets, including Plaça de Catalunya and Plaça d'Espanya. There are firework displays, champagne, and good times to be had!
- Fashion Barcelona:In February you will find the famous Fashion Week of the city, with catwalk shows of designer brands and the latest trends set for the year.
- Mobile World Congress:This is easily the most important congress about mobile technology in the world and is also the most important trade show in Barcelona. It takes place at the end of February and you can always expect major announcements and product launches from tech companies like Samsung, HTC, Microsoft, and more.
One event can be found almost always throughout the year is the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc. This show of colors with fountains exploding to the rhythm of music is a mandatory stop during your time in Barcelona. The schedule and days are different depending on the season, so make sure you check on our event page dedicated to it. It is a free show.
A look at the events during October in Barcelona
October is the month with the most alternative events, discover them!
The best events in Barcelona this September
Discover the best activities this September in the Catalan capital...
Outline of the best events in Barcelona in August
Take a look at all the amazing August adventures that await.
The best events in Barcelona for July 2016
Barcelona is much more than sunshine and beaches during the summer. Find out!
List of the best events in Barcelona this June
Want to know what to expect in Barcelona this June? Take a look!
List of Barcelona events during May
See everything you can do in May in Barcelona and its surroundings...
Overview of April Events in Barcelona
Discover events ideal for enhancing a trip in April
Outline of the best Barcelona events in March
Spring is coming, and so are these fantastic events!
Outline of the best February events in Barcelona
The shortest month of the year, but en endless choice of activities!
Outline of the best January events in Barcelona
A new year and still lots of events to visit this January in Barcelona.
Outline of the best December events in Barcelona
Want to know what to do for Christmas in Barcelona? Look no further...
Outline of the best November events in Barcelona
What can you do in November in Barcelona? Find out here!