- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Sonar Festival 2016
- When: 16 - 18 June
- Where: Fira Montjuïc (Sónar de Día) and Fira Gran Via L'Hospitalet (Sónar de Noche). Get there via Metro station Espanya (L1 or L3) or buses 9,13, 23, 27, 37, 46, 50, 65, 79, 85, 91.
- 3 day/2 night pass: €180 - €195. VIP 3 day/2 night pass: €270 - €295
- 2 night pass: €125. VIP 2 night pass: €180
- 1 day ticket: €54
- 1 night ticket: €72
- Accommodation Nearby: At OK Apartment Barcelona we offer a collection of cheap apartments close to the Fira
- Buy Tickets: Buy tickets to Sonar Festival
- Website: Sónar website
Sónar is a music festival featuring Electronic and Experimental styles of music in Barcelona. It has been going since 1994 and takes place every year over 3 days and two nights mid-June. For groups of friends coming to Barcelona to enjoy the event, it may be more convenient to stay in a centric apartment rather than a hotel.
This year the festival will be open on the 16th, 17th, and 18th of June at the Fira de Montjuïc (Sónar Día) and at the Fira Gran Via L'Hospitalet (Sónar Noche). It is one of the most prestigious events of its kind in Europe.
Sonar takes the pulse of the current electronic music scene and its hybridisations with digital creation and new media, bringing together both the most established and emerging talent in all areas of musical and audiovisual production.
The Sónar Festival receives over 80,000 spectators every year from more than 90 countries over the world, it also unites around 3,500 professionals from the industry.
Ben Klock, Flume, and Richie Hawtin are some of the confirmations for the Sonar 2016 line-up in Barcelona amongst other musicians like Kölsch, James Blake, and Byetone.
You can consult the complete list of artists on the Sonar 2016 program.
Sónar 2016 - Video of confirmations
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Apartments in Barcelona
5 | | 98m² Monthly rental with balcony and free internet in Monjuic