- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
EuroSteamCon 2016 - Steampunk Fair
- When: 1 and 2 October (11AM - 8:30PM)
- Where: Cotxeres de Sants (Carrer de Sants, 79) | Metro station Plaça de Sants (L1 and L5)
- Price: €3 in advance. €4 at the box office. (Buy at Gigamesh Bookshop on Carrer Bailén, 29). Free for children under 12.
- Accommodation Nearby: Visiting from outside Barcelona to attend EurosteamCon? We make it easy! Find your accommodation close to the fair and enjoy!
- Buy Tickets: If you can't make it to the Gigamesh bookshop then visit this page for more information on how to get a ticket to Eurosteamcon Barcelona
- Website: Eurosteamcon Barcelona Official Website
Travel to a sci-fi victorian era... in Barcelona!
The Barcelona Steampunk Fair is back for another year and organized under the EuroSteamCon brand. Just like last year, the fair will become a stage where designers, artists, artisans and performers will show their creations, in addition to participating in various activities.
What is Steampunk?
Steampunk started as a literary sub-genre within science fiction during the turn of the 20th century, inspired by the works of authors like H.G. Wells and Jules Verne. Over the years, this sub-genre has evolved into an artistic and sociocultural movement and not just a literary one. Steampunk takes place in a world where steam technology remains the dominant industry and usually takes place in Victorian England.
For this reason, works in the steampunk style often feature anachronistic technology or futuristic inventions, all through a Victorian looking glass, reflecting their culture, art, fashion, and even architecture.
The fair offers a variety of activities to total immersion in the retro-futuristic Victorian world:
- Expositions: photography, illustrations, painting, and sculpture.
- Dance spectacles and live concerts.
- Gatherings and debates
- Photocalls and interactive zones
- Signatures and book presentations
- Creation workshops for kids and adults
- Competitions and raffles
- Tea and refreshment zone
- Artesian and commercial space