- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
BCN and CAKE 2016
- When: Short and sweet from 19 - 20 November
- Where: Barcelona Maritime Museum - Sala Marqués de Comillas. A scone's throw away from the Metro Station L3 Drassanes
- €8 online (Printed ticket must be brought)
- €10 at the box office on the day
- €3 for children aged 3 - 6 years old
- Free for children aged 0 - 3 years old
- Accommodation Nearby: Don't be left with a bitter taste in your mouth queuing, stay nearby in one of these apartments around Las Ramblas, and visit early to beat the queues.
- Buy Tickets: Get your tickets in advance here!
- Website: BCN and CAKE - Official Web
Telling you about this festival was the yeast we could do.
For 2016, BCN&CAKE returns for a 5th edition. Are you a fan of pastry?. Whether you like to prepare cupcakes, muffins, cakes, and other desserts, or you just like to eat them, then this fair was made for you.
If you're a professional and you want to make your mark, expand your clientele, or increase your knowledge then you can reserve a stand of 4 sq. m for €692, 6 sq. m for €1080, or 12 sq. m for €2150.
Established in 2012, it has since risen to become one of the largest and important meeting points for the most creative minds and the most delicate hands in Barcelona and Spain. The venue is the Barcelona Maritime museum where you will find the latest from the exhibitors, including shops, schools, bakeries, workshops, ingredients and utensil wholesalers, and more.
Not only can you try and admire the most creative and amazingly decorated desserts from exhibitors, but you can also make your own at the workshops, competitions, and other activities related to baking. There are also activities especially for the little bakers too, to get them into the spirit of cake-making. The fair is completely family-friendly so bring everyone along! It won't be a half-baked day out!
- Live construction of a giant cake: A pro team called 'Tartásticos' will offer a show to visitors and give intensive courses throughout the fair.
- Aprons parade: Who says you can't be fashionable while cooking?
- Kids zone: Favourite desserts decoration, creative and healthy workshops, face painting, animation, cinema, and more.
- Presentations and demonstrations: public space with culinary experiences and conferences of the best pastry chefs and artists in sugarcraft. For those with a more salty palate, there are presentations from prestigious chefs with original recipes.
- Cookies workshop. First event dedicated to cookies in Europe where you can learn from the best instructors in this discipline.
- Exhibition area of competitors: A show of talent from national and international artists. 3D celebration cake, sugar flowers, modeling, and more.
- Photography Contest: A contest that will award a substantial prize ;)
- Book signings: Get your favourite bakery books signed by famous chefs.