- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Nova Mar Bella (Beach)
Along with Mar Bella and Bogatell, Nova Mar Bella Beach is one the beaches that were created when the Barcelona coastline was recovered thanks to the urban renewal carried out for the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona.
This beach in Barcelona is approximately 500 meters long and is a favourite amongst women, especially people who live outside the city. Most of the weekly users are young people living in the nearby district of Diagonal Mar.
This beach is highly valued for its calm and quietness. Nova Mar Bella beach has an area for disabled people. There is bathing assistance service to help with the mobility of disabled people in and out of the water. There are even amphibious chairs available. The area for disabled people and reduced mobility.
The beach includes an accessible shower near the sea, walkways to the water, adapted clothing and a crane truck. Volunteers are available to help disabled people getting in and out of the water. In order to use the equipment for the disabled it is necessary to request the service at the local beach information center. The service runs daily in the summer between July and first week of September, from 11am to 6pm. Also, in June and the second half of September at the weekends and holidays.
- Assisted bathing
- Ice-cream and drinks kiosk
- Beach library
- Deck-chair and parasol rental
- Public showers and restrooms
- Location: Between Mar Bella and Llevant.
- Length: 500 metres - Width: 45 metres
- How to get there:
- Bus: Lines 36, 71, and 141.
- Metro: Selva de Mar and El Maresme, L4 (Yellow Line).
- Tram: Selva de Mar and Forum, T4.
- Accommodation in the area: If you feel attracted to this beach, find a flat nearby for your stay following this link.
- Accommodation close to other beaches: here
Other attractions in Diagonal Mar
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Participate. Share. Win.
Apartments in Barcelona
8 | | 143m² Luminous apartment next to the beach with balcony and air conditioning