- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Montgat beaches (Beach)
Reach Montgat beaches in just 30 minutes from Barcelona!
If you want to visit neighbouring beaches near Barcelona, then Montgat is one of the best options because besides being able to get there in just 30 minutes via RENFE trains, it's still within Zone 1 of Barcelona's transport network, so it's as cheap as getting around the city normally. You can read about Barcelona's public transport in this article.
Montgat offers 2km of sand across three beaches connected through a pleasant maritime passage adorned by beautiful garden zones andTorre de Ca n'Alzina - a historic defense tower from the 16th century. If you're in Badalona you can reach Montgat by bicycle. Its location means this part of the Catalan coastline is popular amongst surfers, windsurfers, and kitesurfers as there are great wind conditions for these sports. It's for this reason it's home to a specialization aquatic sports centre.
The 3 beaches of Montgat are:
- Pla de Montgat (Montgat Beach)
- Sant Joan
- Les Moreres
- Red cross and ambulance
- Disabled access
- Public showers and restrooms
- Lifeguard tower
- Volleyball courts
- Sports installations (Club Nàutic de Montgat and Malamar complex) for aquatic activities
- Paid and free parking zones
If you want to see some more beach photos, take a look at out Barceloneta Pinterest board!
- Location: Montgat
- Length: 500 metres - Width: 40 metres
- Borders: Montsolís Beach
- How to get there:
- Bus: Lines B29, B30.
- Car: Moterway N-II.
- Train (RENFE): R1 - Montgat Nord (right by the beach).
- Accommodation close to other beaches in Barcelona: Listed here