- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Mar Bella (Beach)
Mar Bella Beach is located to the east of the Barcelona coast. It was created shortly before the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games, taking advantage of the coastal urban redevelopment carried out for the occasion.
This beach is mostly visited by young people, residents of the Sant Martí district, which is the neighbourhood that it can be found. It's also very easy to access by bicycle as it's adjoined by a bike lane.
Mar Bella beach is frequented loyally, with many of its attendees practicing nudism in the dedicated zone. It's also a favourite amongst the LGBT public. Maybe it's for this reason that it's the venue of choice for the Circuit festival, one of the biggest LGBT festivals in Europe.
Further on, there are several sports facilities near the jetty of Bac de Roda, like a volley ball court and playground for children. Also, in the months of July and August by this jetty there is an open beach library, ideal for book lovers.
Other leisure activities nearby include a basketball court, skateboard area and ping-pong table in the upper part of the maritime pass by the sports pavilion of Mar Bella. On the west end of the beach there is a water sports center where activities related to the sea are carried out, as well as famous international sporting events like the Garmin Barcelona Triathlon.
- Nudist area
- Drinks and ice-cream kiosks
- Sports equipment (Basketball and volleyball courts, ping-pong table, skating area)
- Parasol and deckchair rental
- Showers and public restrooms
See more photos of Barcelona's beach over on our Pinterest page!
- Location: Between Nova Mar Bella beach and Bogatell beach.
- Length: 500 metres - Width: 42 metres
- How to get there:
- Bus: Lines 36, 71, and 141.
- Metro: Selva de Mar L4 (Yellow).
- Tram: Selva de Mar.
- Accommodation in the district: If you want to stay near this beach, look at these flats in the Sant Martí neighbourhood
- Accommodation by all the beaches: here
Other attractions in Diagonal Mar
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Participate. Share. Win.
Apartments in Barcelona
6 | | 80m² Cozy apartment with air conditioning and sea views next to playa