- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
A calm beach that's far from the centre
Llevant beach is the latest sandy addition to Barcelona's coastline on the nothernmost part of the city. It was created in the summer of 2006 and is next to the Nova Mar Bella.
It was created by removing the Prim pier when renovating the Diagonal Mar neighbourhood. As the beach is so new, there are less services and equipment when contrasted with other beaches, but it has enough for your to enjoy the sun, sea, and sand without a problem. It's calmer and very appropriate for families, couples, or solo visitors.
There are some facilities available at the southern end of the beach, like a rope climbing frame for children, showers and lifeguard stations. There is also a beach bar, called Chiringuito Nueva Ola, to order a drink or a snack.
You can easily get to this beach by car, bike or public transport. Alongside the beach is a parking area. If you're traveling by subway you should take the yellow line to Selva de Mar or you can take the bus, line 7, 36, 41 or 141.
- Ice-cream and drinks kiosks
- Climbing and volleyball court
- Parasol and deck-chair rental
- Showers and public restrooms
- Lifeguard stations
For more photos of Barcelona's beaches visit our Pinterest board!
- Location: Next to Nova Mar Bella
- Length: 380 metres - Width: 59 metres
- Borders: Nova Mar Bella.
- How to get there:
- Bus: líneas 7, 36, 41 o el 141.
- Metro: Selva de Mar, L4 (Yellow).
- Tram: Selva de Mar and El Maresme, T4.
- Accommodation in the neighbourhood: Stay near this beach with accommodation in the Diagonal Mar neighbourhood
- Accommodation close to other beaches: Here
Other attractions in Diagonal Mar
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Participate. Share. Win.
Apartments in Barcelona
8 | | 143m² Luminous apartment next to the beach with balcony and air conditioning