- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
The most famous beach in Barcelona.
At approximately 1100 metres in length, Barceloneta beach - which started out as a small fishing village in the city - is one of the largest beaches in Barcelona if including Sant Miquel, Sant Sebastià, and Somorrostro, making it the perfect place to enjoy the great outdoors of Barcelona
It is also one of the oldest and most traditional (just take a look at it's history, making it a favourite for tourists, but a stroll by the seafront will also show you that it's home to many modern sculptures along the coast. With its proximity to the Metro (Barceloneta) and many bus lines, most people come here via public transport.
Its size makes it a suitable beach for lots of leisure activities, for example it's equipped with:
- 3 Volleyball courts
- 1 Foosball table in front of Hospital del Mar
- There is also a children's playground to the west
- Ping-Pong tables
- Gym area
- "Biblioplaya" (Beach-Library) to read while relaxing in the sun
- Beach centre, for more information and activities
- Parasol and deck chair rental
- Bike rentals
- Showers and public restrooms
See more photos of Barceloneta over on our Barceloneta Pinterest Board!
- Location:Between Calle del Almirall Cervera and Port Olímpic, in theBarceloneta District
- Length: 578 metros - Width: 89 metres
- Limits: Between Sant Miquel beach and Somorrostro beach
- How to get there:
- Bus: Lines 14, 16, 17, 36, 39, 40, 45, 51, 57, 59 and 64.
- Metro: Barceloneta and Ciutadella, L4 (Yellow).
- Tram: Ciutadella-Vila Olímpica.
- Accommodation near this beach: If you want to stay close to Barceloneta beach then take a look at these holiday rentals!
- Accommodation close to other beaches: Here
Other attractions in Barceloneta
Do you like this post?
Share your thoughts
Participate. Share. Win.
Apartments in Barcelona
4 | | 36m² Monthly rental next to the beach with air conditioning and