- What to see
- Where to sleep
- Travel Tips
Banys del Fòrum (Forum pools) (Beach)
Just like a beach or a pool... But without the beach... Nor the pool!
You may not know, but Barcelona has many pools. The Forum Swimming Zone is unconventional when compared to the other pools and beaches. It's a saltwater "pool" with defined boundaries and offers a different way to experience the sea of Barcelona; without sand, far fewer people, and calmer, in addition to being surrounded by impressive architectural installations.
You only need to ensure you enter the water via the stairs and never stray from the defined swimming area. There are plenty of signs and broadcasts to keep you safe of course. Though not mandatory, it's recommended to use shoes when wandering by foot outside the pool as a colony of hedgehogs was discovered in the area.
Photo source: www.sitiosdebarcelona.net
The pools also have a disabled area with assisted swimming service. Volunteers assist in entry and exit of the water for swimmers with reduced mobility to enjoy the facilities, and if necessary there's a hydraulic chair.
The assisted service starts on June 1st during weekends and holidays and also during the second half of September from 11:00 - 14:00. Otherwise it's daily during July, August, and the first half of September.
- Salt water pools
- Buoys and defined bathing zones
- Showers and adapted public restrooms.
- Lifeguard towers and lifeguards
- Assisted swimming
- Water-ski zone
- Boat departure point
- Information point
Check out the another beach in Barcelona through our Barceloneta Pinterest Board!
- Location: Plaça del Fòrum, 1
- Length: 375 m metres - Width: 30 metres
- Limits: From the breakwater at Rambla de Prim to the children's play area on Fórum.
- How to get there:
- Bus: Lines H16, 7, and 143.
- Metro: "Maresme | Fòrum", L4 (Yellow).
- Tram: El Maresme or Fórum - T4.
- Accommodation nearby: Find an apartment near the Forum pools on this page
- Accommodation by the rest of the beaches: here