Suite Festival Barcelona is held from 16 January to 29 June. The most important feature of the Suite festival is undoubtedly its surroundings: The historic and majestic Gran Teatro del Liceo, on Las Ramblas.
- Suite Festival Barcelona 2017 Jan 16 - Jun 29 Great musicians performing live at the fantastic Gran Teatre de Liceu
Perhaps it's the most important of the events scheduled for the spring season in Barcelona, and it begins on 31 May. Of course, we're talking about the most emblematic underground music festival in Barcelona, Primavera Sound. For four days you can enjoy — without stopping — concerts in a wonderful setting overlooking the sea. Let's rock!
- Primavera Sound 2017 May 31 - Jun 04 Primavera sound returns to Barcelona with an incredible lineup of artists! Don't miss the biggest music festiv...
Guitar Festival in Barcelona
The guitar festival is true tribute to this instrument. It's a festival that has taken root in Barcelona. It lasts four months and annually hosts big names in the world music scene. The concerts take place in different parts of Barcelona, with venues like Razzmatazz, Sala Apolo and l'Auditorium.
- Barcelona Guitar Festival 2017 Jan 23 - Jul 06 From pop and rock to folk, it doesn't matter as long as there is a guitar. This is the 28th Guitar Festival Ba...
The Magic Fountain of MontjuïcThis famous fountain provides colourful and musical entertainment throughout the year. It has a different schedule depending on the time of the year. In winter, there are shows from Thursday to Saturday from 8PM to 9PM. In summer, from Wednesday to Sunday, between 9:30PM and 10:30PM. A show lasts 30 minutes.
- Magic Fountain of Montjuic Event Feb 26 - Jan 06 The Magic Fountain of Montjuic offers a colorful show, which takes you to another world with water jets explod...
Temps de Flors
Explore the streets of Girona between 13–21 May, where the streets are adorned with beautiful floral decorations. You can get to Girona from Barcelona by car, train or bus. Don't miss this colourful festival.
- Temps de Flors in Girona May 13 - May 21 You will never see Girona as beautiful as during the floral festival, which takes place in May.
This fair brings a joyful tradition from southern Spain to Barcelona. It's a colourful event where you will find typical dishes of Andalusia, as well as music performances and popular dances. An intense immersion of southern Spanish culture.
- Catalonia April Fair in Barcelona Apr 28 - May 07 Experience southern Spain culture with Sevillanas dances, enjoy a drink in a "caseta" and ride the ferris whee...
Let's move on to something more serious. This month also brings the fifth edition of the exhibition dedicated to the old and new entrepreneurs of the Catalan capital. Biz Barcelona intends to give support to the creation of new companies and start-ups.
- Biz Barcelona 2017 May 31 - Jun 01 Fifth edition of the fair intended for future entrepreneurs
Barcelona F1 Grand Prix
Are you a speed lover? Because F1 Grand prix returns to Barcelona from 12–14 May at the Montmelo circuit. Come experience seeing the best drivers in the world, listen to the roar of the engines and feel all the adrenaline, while supporting your favourite driver on this 4.5-km circuit. An event that undoubtedly promises great emotions!
- F1 Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya May 12 - May 14 Just like each year the F1 Catalan Grand Prix takes place at Circuit de Catalunya in May!
This is the reference exhibition for all engine fans. There'll be representatives from various sectors: automobiles, commercial and electric vehicles, oil companies, tyres and more... In addition, this year coincides with the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Montmeló, which we just mentioned. All together this makes Barcelona the real capital of motors, with a lot of outdoor activities.
- Salón Internacional del Automóvil Barcelona May 11 - May 21 If you like cars or if are thinking about buying a new car, you must visit the International Motor Show.
In May, you'll find a unique event — the Firefighters' Run. This is a 10-km race in which more than 400 of these workers will participate. Last year, there were 16,000 runners who joined the firefighters to run alongside them. You can take advantage, using this race to visit the city because the tour goes through the most emblematic places.
- The Firefighters' Run in Barcelona May 07 Participate and win the firefighter race in Barcelona.
Museums at Night Barcelona
Spring is the time of culture in Barcelona, and with it comes the 13th edition of the European Museums at Night initiative. It takes place on Saturday, 20 May. Now that you know, you have no excuse not to go to the museum; this night is only organized once a year. Most of the museums in Barcelona participate.
- Museums at Night Barcelona May 20 On 20 May 2017, Museums at Night takes place around 120 countries. In Barcelona it's known as La Nit de les Mu...
"David Bowie Is" Exhibition
Regarding expositions, if you are a fan of music, then you shouldn't miss the exhibition of the year — 'David Bowie is'. It's a temporary exhibition about the British artist and his incredible career. It includes more than 300 objects including scene costumes, sketches of his handwritten letters, photographs, instruments and much more. The aim of the exhibition is to show the influence of this artist across the art world.
- David Bowie Is Exhibition in Barcelona May 25 - Aug 25 From 25 May to 25 August 2017, you can see an exhibition dedicated to the British artist, David Bowie.
World Press photo
This exhibition at the CCCB exhibits the images that have won the most prestigious awards in the field of photojournalism and multimedia storytelling — World Press Photo. An incomparable experience that will leave you speechless.
- World Press Photo 2017 Apr 29 - Jun 05 The most stunning photos of the year are waiting in the CCCB!
The 20th DocsBarcelona festival takes place from 18–28 May in different theatres around Barcelona. It features the best documentaries of the year. You'll also find numerous conferences throughout the festival to learn more in depth about the field.
- DocsBarcelona - 20th Edition May 18 - May 28 The best documentaries of the year at DocsBarcelona 2017 documentary film festival.
Exhibition: Tapas, Spanish Design
Let's conclude with another interesting exhibition that takes place at the Design Museum. The theme? The relationship between gastronomy and design over the last 25 years and, above all, how this has influenced Spanish and Catalan traditions. You can see more than 250 pieces including utensils, plates, furniture, videos, photographs and other interesting objects.
- Tapas, Spanish Design for Food Mar 09 - May 21 If you want to know more about the workings of Catalan tapas, you can visit the Museum of Design from 9 March ...